• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, Parker. I appreciate that the selection was shorter than usual - brevity has its advantages

Heck of a lot of blue, though

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep, tried to keep it under 10 pics with a few extra sidebar pics of interest. The surfeit of blue just worked out that way.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I will dispense my own brand of street justice

Derivate Vox post incoming

Street_Justice_S1.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
Sorry for the delay folks ... this thing will be out within 24 hours :| Busy busy busy

I have 50 odd photos selected (pared down from 75) and even that is way too many
frown.gif

50?

Watching you order stuff in a restaurant must be torture.

- B

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the inaugural angry asian man's WAYWT and Why Do You Look So Bad digest. I have taken the liberty to retouch some photos to help with colour and contrast. First things first.
DSCF4133.jpg
Young man, great frames, cool vibe. Sockless makes edmorel sweat.
IMG_6155.jpg
Heavyset but impervious to gravity. Consider switching trousers with the man lifting you. I kid, I quite like the tapered trousers with brown shoes, Dr Robotnik and the overall colour scheme is fun.
jump.jpg
I'm a sucker for blue, the tie has a healthy glow to it.
242fktt.jpg
Beware of this man, he often sells ties that you don't necessarily need but do probably want. A discount will fix this scathing comment, ahem.
2009_08_12_1.jpg
Photo to illustrate "old-school knot" full of italian sprezzawezzawoo
2009_08_12_2.jpg
Den of Iniquity. Judging by luggage, recently frequented by SF member.
p10009102.jpg
Cardigan has great length and the wider waistband emphasizes good physique, marking out for TB rohypnol attack.
BB_Cashmere_01.jpg
I like everything about this except the watch, which is bigger than the sun.
8-21016.jpg
Excellent example of an athletic silhouette. Emphasized upper body with very little waisting matched with the full but slightly tapered trousers give a sum greater than its parts. Great choice of hat as well.
p1110653.jpg
Quirky choice of accessories but does not look forced. While my favourite is the tie, the soft collar and old school narrower lapelled 3-button complement it perfectly.
309h7dd.jpg
I helped recommend the cloth so I have to include it. Such a nice cloth anyway and goes to show that honking great big checks can still be worn without pretension.
IMG00064-20090825-1746-2.jpg
One might think that I am under the influence of illegal substances for choosing this, but I am not. I am merely drunk. Seriously though, this is an outfit that says "I am not bound by your ****** conventions of logic or taste or basic human decency. Now excuse me while I bamboozle the general public."
aug24003.jpg
High buttoning point for people in good shape. Learn fatties. (myself included for I am larding away)
90658334.jpg
Hat, sunglasses, navy w/ tan, red and blue, sprezzatura etc etc
2009_08_25_1.jpg
Nice look but rarrrrgh laces.
fullqoi.jpg
My favourite of yours, you should wear dark colours more. Looks great, unable to produce snark.
270809_main.jpg
Now you are just a regular human being with big pants.
aug28004.jpg
One of them Californians.
prkr827a.jpg
A nice colour combination but slightly reminiscent of a gay real estate agent driving a pastel green Ford Thunderbird.
828008.jpg
Double pleated security guard.
69278686.jpg
I have used tea cozy's with the same pattern as that tie but it comes together nicely as a whole.
fr5k.jpg
Granpa needs to pull out his beating stick and beat young master "LIBERATE" back to pre-puberty.
2009-March-candid%20653s.jpg
While I hate stripey **** all over the place, the colours harmonize well so I will save the vitriol for next time.
96795679.jpg
No particularly useful commentary. I guess them pants are real tight but it looks good so whatever. Reproduction is for joiners anyways.
SF00190.jpg
I wish this was brown but I guess it isn't. Still, very sharp and the whippet tie shows some things should never die.
3855944799_737dacdaeb.jpg
That's a really nice Tom Ford.
97168116.jpg
I saw those exact same pants at Hot Topic. Did you get them there too? Man, 40% off at the Mall!!!!! Seriously though, such a great outfit. Shoes are perfect and the colours make you "Security Guard of the Month". To Serve and Protect!!!!
630885131_7kVXR-X2.jpg
631157262_PyKHN-XL.jpg
It's a strange note to end on, but the thought of you:
3866331046_b3f9c83baa.jpg
driving this:
3866351902_e0f78d7278.jpg
makes me appreciate "historical accuracy" like never before. Ok that's a wrap. This was fun and time consuming. Paypal donations plz.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Superb job...you qualify for another Guest Editor Week.

- B

I will see if I can make more ****** stuff happen to me this week to increase my reserves of pent-up frustration.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your snark is truly superb.
laugh.gif

You do realise that I'm now NEVER going to throw that tie away?

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good selection. Though nearly exhaustive, it merely reflected an excellent week in sartorialand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads