• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Yeah I was looking for one. ToJ sounds promising.
biggrin.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A sample should be done in less than a week now, I sourced it all (cept my Riris aren't coming for another week or so, so I made the sample with steel-tooth 10 guage YKK's, rather boring but they will do the job. I hand washed all the hides (>1.5mm NZ lamb, 4-5 hides per jacket) at home, I have two kinds of silk in the lining (optional point I guess, can be made from other stuff if needed) and then I even handmade the inside hanger chain myself, it's a pretty complete little jawn. An amalgamation of all I have wanted in an ideal leather jacket over the years. and I have the feeling it'll be pretty close to that for other people as well.

It'll be good. I need to talk to someone on SF about advertising since Brian has gone MIA, and I want to get some more visibility with you guys.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In theory, I like Karma Loop's rep code program. In practice, though, it generates a ton of illegible spam.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want some purple pants. Finding a good pair is going to be a pain ********** though. They'd have to be:
slimfit
flat front
slant pocket
cotton dress pants material
<$80

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i have / will be paying for my own education, so I think asking a large family of professionals (doctors, lawyers) to pool together like $1400 is not a huge issue

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i have / will be paying for my own education, so I think asking a large family of professionals (doctors, lawyers) to pool together like $1400 is not a huge issue
The ****? Get a job you hippie.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
I really want some purple pants. Finding a good pair is going to be a pain ********** though. They'd have to be:
slimfit
flat front
slant pocket
<$80

last part, not gonna happen, unless you get mega lucky at the sales

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Levi's had pants like that last year for $50.
Were they denim? 511 fit? And I might be able to flex my budget a bit.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Were they denim? 511 fit? And I might be able to flex my budget a bit.

Uhh the 510 twills came in purple, and I think the 511 trousers were available in purple.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
I didn't even tell my dad when I graduated.

I see no real difference between SZ douche bags and hipster douche bags, except money spent and 'artistic style' which is a joke.

SZ is a joke. I'm convinced that it's one big joke and someone will drop the LOLbomb eventually. I almost died with laughter when someone said they couldn't find a belt so they used hemp rope. Fashion as costume is marsupialed.

Julius leathers look sweet but I wish there was a MTM option that was decent around here.

Teger, is RO still >> all other producers in leathers for you?

Not going to comment on SZ, but...

I know 2 guys who have claimed to have some training in ninjitsu. The first is a friend of mine who also coaches me in Brazilian jiujitsu. He says that he quit with the ninjitsu after a dojo-mate of his got his ass kicked by a wrestler in high school, who just threw him down and punched him.

The second is a sixtysomething old dude who, I am sure, could whoop the ass of anyone who has ever been on SZ, past, present, and probably future (yes, Kunk, you too, and handily). He says that he was curious, and learned some stuff when he was training over in Thailand and Vietnam, years ago. I have no idea WTF he learned, but the guy has some legit kickboxing and kempo skills, and he is really good at escrima/silat. He is a barrel chested 230 lbs, and wears MC Hammer pants, crosstrainers, a chambray shirt, and a fanny pack. I would not mess with him, including sparring, because getting ****** handed to me by someone who has an AARP card is not high on my list of things to do.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger

This made me wince. It will be very difficult to find a tactful way to do this. Danger . . .

Let your family take the lead on the gift, should they choose to get one for you. It isn't about the money. It is whether your family thinks you view it as a gift or an entitlement.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
slimfit
flat front
slant pocket
<$80

Someone posted purple pants in WAYWT with a blue blazer and it looked great. Since then I have wanted purple pants. Not easy to find the right ones.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
This made me wince. It will be very difficult to find a tactful way to do this. Danger . . .

Let your family take the lead on the gift, should they choose to get one for you. It isn't about the money. It is whether your family thinks you view it as a gift or an entitlement.

well duh. :p also this is a conversation we've had before, and my dad suggested a watch. I don't really need a watch, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads