• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Is there a red/blue/white flannel in stores? In Esquire there was a fall sportcoat patterns feature which showed the j crew herringbone with a red flannel j crew shirt underneath. I can only really see the collar but it looked good. I've wanted a decent red based flannel and this might fit the bill.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I'm not jonesing for too much else at the moment. Perhaps another tartan Secret Wash but those should be in stock for a while. It would be really cool if they would go on sale sometime soon.

How about some of the rest of y'all's recent kops though?

The only thing I've picked up recentlty is the Millerain Langham jacket (its not on-line). Got my eye on the sueded fleece crew neck and the favorite shirt in vineyard plaid, but holding off for a bit. The new Macalisters in oiled leather look great, but I cant justify $138 when I can get Clarks for $75.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
The only thing I've picked up recentlty is the Millerain Langham jacket (its not on-line). Got my eye on the sueded fleece crew neck and the favorite shirt in vineyard plaid, but holding off for a bit. The new Macalisters in oiled leather look great, but I cant justify $138 when I can get Clarks for $75.

What does the Millerain Langham jacket look like?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
It looks like a chore/barn jacket. Four pockets on the front, cordoruy lined collar. Color is black.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant

Its black cotton. Corduroy behind the collar. Mid weight. 4 pockets on the front - Snap closure.
It's got a decent slim fit.

Doesn't actually feel waxed like the other Millerain.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon

I'm not really sure where J Crew gets off on that price point. I've looked at them a few times and there is nothing, to me, that justifies the heap of extra cash for them over good ol' Clarks.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave in and bought the gray chambray workshirt. i love the fabric, and they fit me really well off the rack.

it was my consolation for not quite being able to justify one of zissou's MTM workshirts!

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
How about some of the rest of y'all's recent kops though?

Well heck I guess I'm gonna Kop the Youngstown flannel since every one else has one. Aint fair you all get to wear it and I don't
smile.gif

amnesiac

Reaction score
I caved and went for the cargo green millerain. The carob's nice but I like the depth of color with that particular green that jcrew uses - i have a pair of pants in the same color. It comes out brown under tungsten lights and greenish with flourescents. In daylight it's straight up army dark green. I can't wait to see how the oilcloth sheen changes this if at all.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the washed wool tartan scarf in Cobalt
Its not on sale online...but in the store (at least the one I went to) its on sale for 29.50...and since it ends in .50 you can use the student discount and knock it down to 27 (incl. tax)

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
Picked up the washed wool tartan scarf in Cobalt
Its not on sale online...but in the store (at least the one I went to) its on sale for 29.50...and since it ends in .50 you can use the student discount and knock it down to 27 (incl. tax)

sale items ending in .50 are still eligible for the student discount?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads