• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 09

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Not to make you feel bad, but it's worth coveting. It's pretty much the greatest flannel of all time, in my book. Although, mine's small, so it wouldn't fit you
smile.gif
I can't wait for fall to arrive so I can start wearing my warm EG shirts.

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
I'm a bit disappointed that the Norfolk doesn't appear to have any lining at all-not even in the shoulders and sleeves.

machochino

Reaction score
Are the measurements on a engineer jacket out-of-wack? It seems the shoulders measure smaller than usual compared to the chest. Does the jacket just have a different fit? I tried pulling info on this but didn't get anywhere. Those Japanese pictures are not very expressive of fit either.

If I was to purchase this piece, should I be concerned with a tight shoulder fit or a boxy chest?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Odin has some things up, just jackets and shirts but nothing we haven't seen already.

Barneys.com has a couple of new items too.

eusticity

Reaction score
Context has more stock up, including the helmet hats, zissou.

I didn't realize the Baker ran that small. I'm going to have a hard time not buying the windowpane tweed.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, those helmets are cool. I feel like I'd run the risk of looking like an utter nerd if I tried wearing one... Besides, I doubt a L would be big enough for me
laugh.gif
I don't know how one could possibly wear that shooting vest unless actually out shooting birds...

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm going to get one of the helmut hats. Zissou, a large in their hats usually fit me, and I wear a 7 1/4-3/4 hat.
Originally Posted by zissou
I don't know how one could possibly wear that shooting vest unless actually out shooting birds...
Yeah, hunting only, unless...
Big%20Lebowski.jpg

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
anyone have the black chambray shirt yet?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I miss the hunting cap. Wish they'd do those again.
2048-1-300.jpg
Originally Posted by Teger
anyone have the black chambray shirt yet?
Context. Going to order one of those too. For Gary: Are there any other accessories this season, in way of leather belts or bags?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you a hunter robin? Do you wear all the EG stuff in the field?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Are you a hunter robin? Do you wear all the EG stuff in the field?
Upland hunting and fly fishing. I've worn some EG stuff out in the field, they do just fine.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, we can all aspire to be as cool as Lebowski. Besides, that looks much more like a standard photographer's vest. I just think that the bird shooter vest crosses that line of something that would look out of place unless used for the intended purpose of its design.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
KENDALL JACKET

Brown Cotton Corduroy
Trend Fred Segal Santa Monica, CA USA

Grey Whipcord Wool
Alan Bilzerian Boston, MA USA
Farinelli's Arlington, VA USA
Steven Alan NYC, NY USA
Thomas I Punkt Hamburg, Germany

Hey just saw this, thanks Timpo!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads