• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM Chambray Workshirt Group Buy – Second Order Starts Sat. 9/26! (both shirts)

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, fit pics will be up to you guys
smile.gif
I don't have my laptop in front of me, but I think the colors ordered were black (me), super dark indigo, red, blue-green, blue and white stripe. Maybe there was a light indigo in there... Mint green would be cool. I'd consider it if green looked good on me, which it doesn't. I'm trying to decide what to go for on the Navyman- light indigo or white.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordering for the Navyman starts now! Same procedure as last time. All the info you need to order is on the first post of this thread. Just to confirm, the Navyman will essentially be this shirt:
3785766237_3d5e49ea42_o.jpg
With a curved back yoke like this:
3762740646_ac85aae394_o.jpg
And with a cuff like this:
3840412120_735a74ff48_o.jpg
But with two buttons instead of three snaps. I will as Nathan to elongate the placket a little so it is easier to roll the sleeves. My Photoshop rendition: The placket and curves will be on the inside of the cuff.
3773044117_e68f89a5c1_o.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright! We have one order (well, TWO including me) for the Navyman! Now, only eight more are needed
smile.gif

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Alright! We have one order (well, TWO including me) for the Navyman! Now, only eight more are needed
smile.gif

I am not interested until I see how my first order came out. But the placket button should be horizontal. A bit harder to do, technically, but it will look much better.

mttlee0

Reaction score
zissou, any word on how the Workman shirts are coming along?

I hope Nathan can finish them up next week, I'm excited to see mine.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can understand that, dopey. There will be time to order both shirts after receiving your first, if you are interested. I actually changed my measurements a little for this latest Workman order. I was thinking about the placket button hole, too. i think it's possible to do if we widen the placket a little.

Last I talked to Nathan, he said he'd have everything cut this week, and sew it all together next week. I am thinking that I should receive the box of shirts late next week or early the following week. I can't wait to see my new shirt.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard back from Nathan today and he said he has everyone's patterns made. He's just now cutting the fabric because it's taken him a while to pick it all up. Apparently, he travelled pretty far and wide to source all of the different chambrays for this group buy. Plus, he was out of town last weekend. I'll try to get you guys another update later in the week!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yeah, I had hoped it would be quicker, but then again, it's really not something to be rushed!

Lance

Reaction score
Well, everyone has a life. He's a one man operation I guess and 10 custom shirts in two weeks is a stretch. You guys are doin great!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! So, I was browsing the MJK thread and I'm pretty sure this is the same blue-green chambray:
06.jpg
05.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads