• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Mall of America has always sucked. The only people amazed by it are Japanese tourists.
Hopefully there's other nice stores around as I'll be living 20 minutes away from there soon.
frown.gif

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Your assessment sounds a bit bleak. I hope people don't play it too safe.

That statement was in regard to my own recent purchases, I have enough of an archive to mix and match something a tad more eclectic.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Doesn't Mossimo sell at target?

Sorry, I meant Moschino, always get those two mixed up despite Mossimo sucking ass.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Sorry, I meant Moschino, always get those two mixed up despite Mossimo sucking ass.

I was surprised to learn that Mossimo is actually its own brand and not a Target house brand, and is actually Italian, as opposed to fakety-fake Italian as I assumed.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Hopefully there's other nice stores around as I'll be living 20 minutes away from there soon.
frown.gif

Not so much. Len Druskin is the only halfway decent men's store I've found. Calling it halfway decent might just be a stretch also.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Not so much. Len Druskin is the only halfway decent men's store I've found. Calling it halfway decent might just be a stretch also.
Just saw their website. Looks like a good mix of stuff I'd actually like and douche wear. And they have like 3 store locations?

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Workwear needs to die. Americana needs to die. This whole vintage = automatically cool thing needs to die. I just don't get the workwear love or the aesthetic EG is going after
frown.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's a little narrow-minded, doncha think?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
me neither

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Workwear needs to die. Americana needs to die. This whole vintage = automatically cool thing needs to die.

I just don't get the workwear love or the aesthetic EG is going after
frown.gif

I get it, but it's not for me. I don't think it needs to die though. Just go do your own thing and show those lumberjacks what's up.

amnesiac

Reaction score
i should've gotten the opening ceremony x uniqlo shawl collar anorak when i had the chance... also, those manpris from the collab had the weirdest fit and came in M and L.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
That's a little narrow-minded, doncha think?
It looks horrible; there's something funny about people dressing in "workwear" but cuffing their jeans perfectly, faithfully treating their brand-new redwings and belts with obenauf while rocking a symmetrical sleeve roll and styled hair. Yeah okay if you live on a farm or some backwoods town rock the plaid and the flannels with your jackets and jeans rolled to your shins but if you live in a town with more than 100 people you look like a clown. Its kind of like people who put thousand dollar rims and spoilers on their 93 honda civic and pretend they're driving a racecar. vroom vroom
Originally Posted by Lachy
I get it, but it's not for me. I don't think it needs to die though. Just go do your own thing and show those lumberjacks what's up.
yeah live and let live I know. pet peeve I suppose

amnesiac

Reaction score
Its kind of like people who put thousand dollar rims and spoilers on their 93 honda civic and pretend they're driving a racecar. vroom vroom

Wouldn't it actually be more like

6-9-07-red-chevy-truck.jpg

than

1.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It looks horrible; there's something funny about people dressing in "workwear" but cuffing their jeans perfectly, faithfully treating their brand-new redwings and belts with obenauf while rocking a symmetrical sleeve roll and styled hair. Yeah okay if you live on a farm or some backwoods town rock the plaid and the flannels with your jackets and jeans rolled to your shins but if you live in a town with more than 100 people you look like a clown.

Its kind of like people who put thousand dollar rims and spoilers on their 93 honda civic and pretend they're driving a racecar. vroom vroom

yeah live and let live I know. pet peeve I suppose

Yeah, I see that point. A little of it can a long way.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Why did you sell off all your BR stuff Robert? You were going apeshit for it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads