• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whiskies and Cigars (...well, really a thread about Vass with big photos)

BWB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

I tell myself Cleverley...or G&G if they ever come back to Boston.

On the other hand, when I get dressed in the morning, and I slide the panels of my shoe closet, it kinda strikes me that maybe I already have enough shoes. The shoe closet on my side of the dressing room has four panels...here's the first one slid open:

614073108_ZpKRR-L.jpg

- B

Ho-ly ****
drool.gif
. That is all I can say about your shoe collection. I am just somewhat lost for words right now.

For shirts, I recommend Turnbull & Asser. I know they get ragged on here, but I find that people always find a way to justify not liking expensive items. Years ago I had some made and they held up wonderfully. I look forward to wearing them again once I lose weight. On the other hand, Charvet might be good for you. Guess you will have to make a trip to Paris for full bespoke
smile.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BWB
On the other hand, Charvet might be good for you. Guess you will have to make a trip to Paris for full bespoke
smile.gif

teacha.gif

Sorry voxxxy. Some things money can't buy. Like time.

BWB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
teacha.gif

RJman,

Off hand do you know how many trips to Paris would have to be made in order to get the final product for Charvet shirts? Obvioiusly, there would be the initial measurements, but how many fittings after that?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BWB
RJman,

Off hand do you know how many trips to Paris would have to be made in order to get the final product for Charvet shirts? Obvioiusly, there would be the initial measurements, but how many fittings after that?

I had a thread on this topic.

Frenchie shirts.

- B

youngScholar

Reaction score
Is the welt stitching on the Norwegian shoes done differently than the others? It certainly stands out (in a good way).

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inlove.gif
I think they're all home runs, Vox. Can we mortals get whiskey and cigar shell from Vass? I got the impression that they don't normally do that.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman

So cruel...like dancing one of those Irish riverdances around a guy in a wheelchair.

Well done.

- B

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

On the other hand, when I get dressed in the morning, and I slide the panels of my shoe closet, it kinda strikes me that maybe I already have enough shoes. The shoe closet on my side of the dressing room has four panels...here's the first one slid open:

614073108_ZpKRR-L.jpg

See what I mean? I'm probably all set...
plain.gif

- B

inlove.gif

B2C2V

Reaction score

Vox - you are fortunate, not because of all the nice shoes you have, but a supportive wife who allows you to have so many nice shoes
smile.gif
That is something that money can not buy either.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv3
Add-on: Why would Vass choose not to stock such a great color--it seems cost isn't an issue at that level?

Originally Posted by greekonomist
inlove.gif
I think they're all home runs, Vox. Can we mortals get whiskey and cigar shell from Vass? I got the impression that they don't normally do that.

Well, the story that I have always heard is that these colors are done up in fewer numbers, and that when they are available, Horween reserves them for Alden except for examples here and there that make it out of that restriction.
uhoh.gif

Similar colors, though, are available from European and Japanese tanneries.

I stumbled into the chance to get these, and the only thing that I brought to the table was being decisive about the opportunity.

Originally Posted by why
+1 Was about to say this myself.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by greekgeek
Those split toes are exceptional.

Originally Posted by youngScholar
Is the welt stitching on the Norwegian shoes done differently than the others? It certainly stands out (in a good way).

Thanks. The Norweger is done as Goyser-stitched, or Norwegian, shoe, like so:'

norvegiencroquis21usqt5.gif

Vass are hand lasted and welted, so the Norwegian welt on this one is also done by hand.

Originally Posted by gazman70k
I would suspect that given your prominence, the sale would be rather quick and somewhat painless, once you screen out the time wasters, freaks-who-lurk and other undesirables. Alternatively, you can set up a special list of SFers who you know off and offer them first dips. However, I suppose it is still a hassle and perhaps not worth the time of someone of your stature.

"Prominence?" "Stature?" Did one of those cartoon anvils land on your head, the kind that always hits the Coyote?

Originally Posted by gazman70k
BTW, since we all now know that you shave your legs, enquiring minds want to know whether you do the B-C-S?

I'm saving that shot for a very special future WAYWRN.

Originally Posted by HedgeFundHotSHot
+ sum (1 to n) as

and get some better furniture vox =D

What furniture? Did you spot one of the Starck Ghosts in a prior shot around our bridge/poker table? Not a fan of cheap Lucite furniture?

Or do you just dislike the French?

Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
You know you won't be able to keep telling yourself this forever...

BTW: Nice shoes. Especially love the Norwegers. Have you ever tried the 3636 (aka Wiener) last?

I have one pair in the 3636...and it is very nice...these midnight blue derbies:

254769991_um3Zh-L.jpg

Originally Posted by BWB
Ho-ly ****
drool.gif
. That is all I can say about your shoe collection. I am just somewhat lost for words right now.

For shirts, I recommend Turnbull & Asser. I know they get ragged on here, but I find that people always find a way to justify not liking expensive items. Years ago I had some made and they held up wonderfully. I look forward to wearing them again once I lose weight. On the other hand, Charvet might be good for you. Guess you will have to make a trip to Paris for full bespoke
smile.gif

Thanks. Nothing would please me more than bespoke English shirts. The only real English shirtmaker who travels regularly to Boston, AFAIK, is Whitaker from Dege. I might end up using him, although I've had old clients of Dege write to me to describe some issues in the past that made them seek out other makers. Maybe things are better now.

Originally Posted by rnoldh
Kabbaz?

I seriously was considering Kabbaz, but decided it would be too exhausting mentally.

Originally Posted by Neo1824
That London derby is awesome
worship.gif

Thanks.

Originally Posted by B2C2V
Vox - you are fortunate, not because of all the nice shoes you have, but a supportive wife who allows you to have so many nice shoes
smile.gif
That is something that money can not buy either.

I have so many flaws that need constant forgiveness and tolerance. So, yes...I am fortunate.

- B

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of your excellent collection the 3636s are for me
the best. They are are near perfect.
Perfect would be three or four eyelets.
As I've mentioned in this Forum several times,
alas, Vass was unable to fit me RTW when I visted
them in Budapest. I had neither the funds nor
confidence to risk bespoke.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am the furthest thing from a shoo-weenie, but #$%^& if those split-toes are not the ****!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member