• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

DLORTON2

Reaction score
Thought I would share...enjoy.

Use promo code XIREN for 40% off any Rudy Project glasses
(excluding closeouts and promos like the Gear Deal)

http://www.e-rudy.com

Moderators: If this is inappopriate placement, I apologize. Delete as needed, I only wanted to share the deal...no harm no foul please. peace.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
I just bought the new Wayfarer style from rayband

Classic black, i really like them. Nicer then the old style wayfarer. Just out of curiosity I bought a pair of $1 China wayfarer's. Couldn't really tell the difference except the lens were better in the real one. The plastic looks exactly the same. If your broke it might be the way to go. But if you buy the real thing, they are constructed nicely.

Anyway, I got these with prescription lens, pretty nice. Classic looking style.

The quality of the $1 knock offs are a world of difference in terms of quality. The cheap ones are crudely painted in color. The paint chips off easily. They are made in a mold and painted. The originals are made out of a acetate and cut out in shape and finished. Also the acetate ones can be adjusted where as the ones that are made in a mold are a one size fits all, because they cannot be heat and adjusted. You can, but it is basically like memory plastic, it will return to it's shape. Hope you didnt spend too much on them. I dont want to insult you, I am just letting SF know of the difference in frames.

stormtrooper09

Reaction score
Hi people,

I'm new here so hello first!
I was wondering if anyone could identify these sunglasses, I'd really love to have them....

Many thanks in advance!

(guy on the left)

user7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stormtrooper09
Hi people,

I'm new here so hello first!
I was wondering if anyone could identify these sunglasses, I'd really love to have them....

Many thanks in advance!

(guy on the left)

persol

stormtrooper09

Reaction score
Thank you so much people! I'm happy now...
tounge.gif

I found them the cheapest here

http://www.discountshadesdirect.com/...utm_medium=cpc

Now is that site any good?

Killzone111

Reaction score

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some input, i typically wear oversized frames, and im getting over it. Ive had a couple pairs of wayfarer knock offs over the years and like the look and the thickness of the frames.

Would like recommendations on similar frames to these tortise shell ones:
wayfarer_tortoise_dt.jpg

, but not rayban. ive been looking into persol and maybe moscots in terms of quality/price.

classy, masculine , durable , and quality is what i need.

help?

oneblood

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the Gucci 1596s. They look like a rectangular take on the Clubmasters to me. I like them but I worry about Gucci production. What do you guys think?
pushingdaisies2.jpg
3137t2HCIsL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

mattyb124

Reaction score
Does anyone know any stores in NYC that actually carry the Persol 0649 so I can try them on. Every sunglasses store I go to never have them in stock. Thanks.

StarterStyle

Reaction score
If anyone's interested in some Persol 649s (which I've heard are pretty hot) in size 52, these 2 popped up in my local outlet and I'd love to help them find a home that would appreciate them.

The black ones are polarized.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads