• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

sharks9022

Reaction score
Is it possible to get chips repaired in sunglasses frames? Is it dependent on color?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
What are these sunglasses?

esmbua.jpg

if those are persols ur best bet is just to go to the persol website and look around, I am sure you can locate the style # on there.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
on another note, this is a long shot but while I was in CVS today I saw the recetn August issue of 'PEOPLE' magazine with Pitt & Jolie on the cover, I liked the shades Pitt was wearin... anyone have or seen the people mag I am talking about? any idea what the shades are?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sharks9022
Is it possible to get chips repaired in sunglasses frames? Is it dependent on color?

nope. In theory yes, there are ways but it would be too costly and time consuming.

Tim_Whatley

Reaction score
does anyone know of any online stores that sell a wide variety of persols?
thanks.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
on another note, this is a long shot but while I was in CVS today I saw the recetn August issue of 'PEOPLE' magazine with Pitt & Jolie on the cover, I liked the shades Pitt was wearin... anyone have or seen the people mag I am talking about? any idea what the shades are?

I saw that too and I'd like to know what they are.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think of these:
bZ7IL.jpg
gPw2m.jpg
Does anyone have any recommendations for me? First one is maoi jim, second one is rayban.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
Need some input, i typically wear oversized frames, and im getting over it. Ive had a couple pairs of wayfarer knock offs over the years and like the look and the thickness of the frames, but not rayban. ive been looking into persol and maybe moscots in terms of quality/price.

classy, masculine , durable , and quality is what i need. help?
Persol 2847's

aPrep001.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
What do you think of these:
bZ7IL.jpg
gPw2m.jpg
Does anyone have any recommendations for me? First one is maoi jim, second one is rayban.

2nd pair looks too small for you imo.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StarterStyle
If anyone's interested in some Persol 649s (which I've heard are pretty hot) in size 52, these 2 popped up in my local outlet and I'd love to help them find a home that would appreciate them.

The black ones are polarized.

How much would they be?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads