• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johnnie walker blue vs macallans 18

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alternative viewpoint: when giving gifts, one should always look at perceived value over inherent value which is to say that while the macallan is clearly a better experience for the palate, to base your entire decision on only this fact would totally ignore the entire point of the gift-giving custom: to make the person FEEL good and johnnie walker blue, with its collector packaging, individual numbered certificate and satin pouch or whatever the hell, does that.

BP348

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
this should be in social/food/drink, butttttt blended scotches are for girls, real men drink single malt. I had an old friend, Joe Piazza, who was a scotch expert. He always told me that the true scotchman would enjoy single malt scotches over blended scotches every time.

What about real men who don't drink scotch? That stuff is like paint thinner.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mac 18 for a purist.
Blue for bling value.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
whisky threads always make me sad
frown.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I prefer Dewar's to JW Blue. I agree that he'll probably see JW Blue as 'better' because it's on the high shelf with an extra digit on the price tag.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
alternative viewpoint: when giving gifts, one should always look at perceived value over inherent value which is to say that while the macallan is clearly a better experience for the palate, to base your entire decision on only this fact would totally ignore the entire point of the gift-giving custom: to make the person FEEL good and johnnie walker blue, with its collector packaging, individual numbered certificate and satin pouch or whatever the hell, does that.
All completely true. But isn't Blue much more expensive than Mac 18? If I was dropping $200 on a scotch, I'd get something really interesting. But as has been said, Blue brings the bling. It says you care enough to send that which ought to be appreciated. ~ H

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Answering the question directly: Blue.

Answering indirectly: There are so many better whiskys you could purchase with the cost of blue.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue is more bling.

BUT Gold tastes better than Blue. I know people who work for/with Johnnie Walker who agree.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
Blue is more bling.

BUT Gold tastes better than Blue. I know people who work for/with Johnnie Walker who agree.

yeah, its not personal preference at all...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Notice the level of fill for each bottle. That pretty much says it all.
DSC00274.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member