• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dane
Are you not happy with the longevity of RG? I find it horribly strong...it never seems to die.

Eh I think I'm hard of smelling at times, the RG lasts only 4 hours but I think others can smell it on me long after. I think I have olfactory fatigue. The only really strong colognes I've smelled are Joop, Kouros, M7, and A*Men.

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Eh I think I'm hard of smelling at times, the RG lasts only 4 hours but I think others can smell it on me long after. I think I have olfactory fatigue. The only really strong colognes I've smelled are Joop, Kouros, M7, and A*Men.

The rest of us can smell you...count on that!

I find the more familiar I become with a scent, the less I notice it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dane
The rest of us can smell you...count on that! I find the more familiar I become with a scent, the less I notice it.
+1 on both. RG is extremely strong on me. So much so that it's an air spray-walk through only. Tried out Divine L'Homme Sage today. Very light and somewhat soft. I think this is another winner. Got in the rest of my samples today so tomorrow will be PdN New York finally.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
What do you guys think of Yatagan? Bought a bottle blind (great deal), but I'm not feeling it.

I love the bottles I have, but understand that Caron has tinkered with the formula quite a bit, and might have done so again last year, after I got my bottles.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Right now, Rose Poivree. This morning, Mouchoir de Monsieur
I see you have no preference as to when you prefer to clear a room.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: Burt's Bees Bay Rum. Because 1) today is Friday, and 2) I forgot to apply before leaving the house, and this is what's in my desk drawer.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today... L'artisan Timbuktu. Mix of exotic spices. Sort of smells like a potential BO but I think people will still recognize it's a cologne. Sillage ok, but maybe just a waft is enough. Not something I'd want to breathe too deeply from. I can see this as a useful for certain purposes frag... like a certain mood or type of event.

NM-160S_mn.jpg

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M7... I love the drydown on this one. Can you guys recommend any other oud colognes? Maybe more natural smelling?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
M7... I love the drydown on this one. Can you guys recommend any other oud colognes? Maybe more natural smelling?

hmmm, Montale has s slew of oud colognes, but 1) haven't found one I like, and 2) the price is outrageous IMHO. Ormonde Man has an oudh note, but it's sharply spicy. There are others, but none come to mind at the moment. Well, there's Tom Ford Oud Wood, and then lots of Middle Eastern scents.

Today: Kouros for a Saturday at the office.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, Mmm, sweet...
ThierryMugler-Angel-M500.jpg

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good stuff MC, definetely in my top 5. And for everyone saying how popular A*Men is, I've never smelled anyone wearing it, and it wouldn't be hard to. Today for me:

777M.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^Great choice. If you can find a Sephora, look into Gucci Envy. I think you'll like that one as well. Dunhill Desire is a similarly spicy scent. Both nice and cheap.

I got stuck in a downpour yesterday so I'm trying PdN New York again today. What I caught of it yesterday was very spicy with an odd note stuck in there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads