Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

What's the consensus on Lacoste Pour Homme? A friend of mine wears it and it smells absolutely amazing on him. However, most complaints say it doesn't last long. Has anyone with some worthwhile knowledge about fragrance had luck with it?

The bottom line is that smelling great is a good thing, regardless of the label or age. Sometimes you get the weirdest things that work.

2. mbastian614

mbastian614 Active Member

The bottom line is that smelling great is a good thing, regardless of the label or age. Sometimes you get the weirdest things that work.

Thanks Thomas, good advice.

3. willpower

willpower Senior member

[​IMG]

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Today is the original formulation of Eau de Givenchy for me. It`s not SO different from the current reformulation in the les Mythiques line, but it has natural oakmoss and a slightly more bitter sort of citrus.

It`s a nice, light, somewhat sour scent that is nice for warm weather. If you want an aquatic *eau* scent that has a little backbone, a good choice.

Nevertheless, it`s not as good as the other *classic* givenchy scents, ala L`interdit or givenchy III.

I really wish, given the humidity today, that I`d chosen Guerlain pamplelune, instead. But, there is always tomorrow.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

2-day Road Trip!

Packing a decant of Chanel PM and nothing else.

I think this counts as 'roughing it'

6. rach2jlc

2-day Road Trip!

Packing a decant of Chanel PM and nothing else.

I think this counts as 'roughing it'

Geesh, talk about bare minimums and going rugged! I thought I was packing light this summer bringing only six scents! [​IMG]

BUT, you can never go wrong with chanel PM. It was my first `favorite` scent... and it still is hard to beat.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Thomas, did you read this? http://www.nstperfume.com/2009/07/17...ns-collection/
    I finally get to try that damn Havana. Interesting news about MPG. I might have to hold on to my bottle of Santal Noble today. So yesterday I went to the parfum megastore and tried Montale Aoud Limes and Patchouli Leaves. The patchouli was not bad but I didn't think it warranted a second try. The limes on the other hand was stWrong. Holy shit. One spray on my arm and I was smelling that god awful scent the whole day. P-U!

8. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Live Jazz today. This is like the freshest scent ever. However I don't really have any other summer scents. Was thinking of getting a good citrus scent. What do you guys recommend? I was thinking Dior eau Savage or an Acua di Parma. How's their longevity?

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Live Jazz today. This is like the freshest scent ever. However I don't really have any other summer scents. Was thinking of getting a good citrus scent. What do you guys recommend? I was thinking Dior eau Savage or an Acua di Parma. How's their longevity?
    I don't care for Eau Savage. Just nothing special. AdP is very nice but doesn't last on my skin. It's a go-to scent for many men though.

10. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

As for citrus scents, some good ones to look at might be some usual suspects like Savage as mentioned, also AdP (though see note below), L'eau Issay, and Aqua di Gio... but really I think lemon and orange/bergamot are overdone... so I'd suggest if you want something fresh and crisp, then look at these two underdog notes - Grapefruit and Blood Orange. Both have that sharp acidity that really cut through the heat and stay sharp. I find many lemon/orange scents just sort of get muddy and flat.

Hermes - Pamplemousse Rose
    Kheil's has a grapefruit essential oil you could try layering with to brighten up another cologne
    Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune - (some mention a certain "cat pee" note)

L'eau de Tarocco or Oyedo - by Diptyque
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...e_Tarocco.html
    http://www.lusciouscargo.com/showcas...DIPEDT007.html

I don't care for Eau Savage. Just nothing special. AdP is very nice but doesn't last on my skin. It's a go-to scent for many men though.

Funny you should mention that, I actually wore AdP today and was sooo looking forward to it, what a disappointment. Nice scent, but I couldn't smell a thing within minutes. Basically no longevity on my skin at all!

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

I tried layering Terre d'Hermes with L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Summer Edition 2008. It's not too bad IMO

12. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Habit Rouge Legere

BTW, I recently received a gift of a masculine floral, straight from Saudi.

Looking forward to trying it. I've been warned that it is heady stuff.

13. rach2jlc

I finally get to try that damn Havana. Interesting news about MPG. I might have to hold on to my bottle of Santal Noble today.
    !

Yeah, Aoud leaves no prisoners and is a LOVE it or HATE it sort of scent. I love it... but I know it can be foul to many.

I agree with you about Havana and the other Aramis goodies... I never dreamed of buying it at the $200-300 that people wanted for it when it went out of production.

Like Giorgio Red for Men, i just think it is dumb to pay hundreds for a scent that probably will be rereleased.

Cuiron will be back, sometime. We just must be patient!

p.s. Givenchy L`interdit for me today.

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I tried eau Savage and AdP Colonia again today and decided that I just don't like most citrus scents, besides Live Jazz. Also the longevity on both was abysmal, which was an instant dealbreaker to me.

I'm thinking of picking up a vetiver scent, they're pretty good for summer I think. I've only tried Givenchy's and Guerlain's, though. What do you guys recommend for a vetiver?

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Yeah, Aoud leaves no prisoners and is a LOVE it or HATE it sort of scent. I love it... but I know it can be foul to many.
    I still have yet to try any of the other Montale Aoud's. I've heard good things about Black, White, Red, and Original so I'm not putting it off completely. Wore L'Artisan Dzing! today. I'm torn between a description on this as it seems to smell different to me every hour. I would make differing comparisons to female genitalia but I don't want to rial the peanut gallery.