• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get sticky-attachable silicone pads (or similar). Not quite invisible, but probably close enough to work.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do people think of green lenses on guys? I like green and I like the OP Strummer, but it's always pictured on Angelina Jolie (who I hate) and that's made me think that they're feminine.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously? They're green. Do you like green? If yes, get them. If not, don't.

I'd worry more about eye fatigue. Some people can't wear certain colors without it bothering them after a while.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Seriously? They're green. Do you like green? If yes, get them. If not, don't.

I'd worry more about eye fatigue. Some people can't wear certain colors without it bothering them after a while.

I just wanted to know if there was some 'rule' that I was unaware of. It was possible.

I love green, but I also rather like lavender trousers.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
What do people think of green lenses on guys? I like green and I like the OP Strummer, but it's always pictured on Angelina Jolie (who I hate) and that's made me think that they're feminine.

I dont know if youre talking about a bright green or dark green, but Ray-Bans famous G15 lens is a grey-green. It is supposed to be one of the best colors out there. Its a great color combo. But I dont know about bright green, personally, I wouldnt do it, but to each their own.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by third
i have a pair of ndg-1's. i quite like them but they pinch my nose at the top despite having them taken in to get adjusted. i know they fit my face reasonably well. stay on, they just leave red marks on the outside where they rest. are there any sort of invisible pads to stick on there to stop this from happening? i know they exist but am not sure which to go for.

They do exist. Only, I dont know if there are "name brand" silicone sticker pads. Just find any, if you can, and go for it. But I just found out that they can slip off with moisture (humidity or sweat).

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
After returning from Mexico, I noticed what look to be hard or salt water stains on some glass lens sunglasses I have. I attempted to remove the marks using lens cleaner to no avail; any suggestion on how to get the spots off the lenses?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey CC, what are your thoughts on these Matsuda glasses?
!BVz(g4gCGk~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlyiyvBKUW8JU,8w~~_1.JPG
!BVz(kk!Bmk~$(KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly2R-BKUW8hp9Y!~~_1.JPG
To my untrained eye they seem to be well made, but I'm no expert and there might be something I'm missing.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
After returning from Mexico, I noticed what look to be hard or salt water stains on some glass lens sunglasses I have. I attempted to remove the marks using lens cleaner to no avail; any suggestion on how to get the spots off the lenses?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Do your lenses have an anti reflection coating? Do you have pics? Are they pitted?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Hey CC, what are your thoughts on these Matsuda glasses?

!BVz(g4gCGk~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlyiyvBKUW8JU,8w~~_1.JPG

!BVz(kk!Bmk~$(KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly2R-BKUW8hp9Y!~~_1.JPG

To my untrained eye they seem to be well made, but I'm no expert and there might be something I'm missing.

I still have some vintage Matsuda frames. Amazing quality. I dont know if they are still produced although I would think so. They have very intricate designs and interesting metal work. Good product for the price.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
Do your lenses have an anti reflection coating? Do you have pics? Are they pitted?

Yes, they do have an anti reflection lens. I don't think they are pitted. They are glass Ray Ban lenses.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
Yes, they do have an anti reflection lens. I don't think they are pitted. They are glass Ray Ban lenses.
The anti reflection coating could be crazing. When put in hot heat it crazes, which means that the anti reflection coating is basically deteriorating and bunching up in spots. If it looks like de-formed circles that don't move then you probably have a crazed lens or sometimes it looks like "stress" marks like small squiggly lines. Before you throw them out try cleaning it with alcohol (not acetone) and see if it comes off. If it doesn't come off you have 2 choices. 2 choices: 1. replacement lenses (should cost around ~$40 or so, maybe more if they are polarized) 2. live with it, but it is probably going to be very annoying because you have already noticed them..

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
The anti reflection coating could be crazing. When put in hot heat it crazes, which means that the anti reflection coating is basically deteriorating and bunching up in spots. If it looks like de-formed circles that don't move then you probably have a crazed lens or sometimes it looks like "stress" marks like small squiggly lines. Before you throw them out try cleaning it with alcohol (not acetone) and see if it comes off. If it doesn't come off you have 2 choices.

2 choices:
1. replacement lenses (should cost around ~$40 or so, maybe more if they are polarized)
2. live with it, but it is probably going to be very annoying because you have already noticed them..

Thanks for the advice. They are only about 1 month and a half old, so maybe I'll return them to Luxottica in hopes for a new pair.

It's odd that happened; I've never had that happen to any other lenses before.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads