Ask me about Eyewear!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CityConnection, May 23, 2009.

1. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

Thanks for the advice. They are only about 1 month and a half old, so maybe I'll return them to Luxottica in hopes for a new pair.

It's odd that happened; I've never had that happen to any other lenses before.

YOu can try that, but Luxx is VERY strict about returns and so on. They no longer carry parts for sunglasses (Although I have ordered lenses for Ray-Bans, maybe they are separate divisions). You'll never know unless you try.

2. KBW

KBW Senior member

anyone have recs for a larger wayfarer styled pair of sunglasses and a larger aviator? I have a rather large head [​IMG] Thanks in advance (btw I have and wear both wayfarer's and aviators but they both are small AND look small)

3. CityConnection

anyone have recs for a larger wayfarer styled pair of sunglasses and a larger aviator? I have a rather large head [​IMG] Thanks in advance (btw I have and wear both wayfarer's and aviators but they both are small AND look small)

Just about every company makes them now. 2 brands that I have seen recently that come to mind are Hugo Boss and Prada Sport, in matte colors.

In sure a lot of people will have many more suggestions...

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Salt is generally pretty huge and mostly does aviators for men. They have some Wayfareralikes, too.

5. KBW

KBW Senior member

Just about every company makes them now. 2 brands that I have seen recently that come to mind are Hugo Boss and Prada Sport, in matte colors.

In sure a lot of people will have many more suggestions...

thanks and thank you to Arethusa as well. Anyone else have any other suggestions? I bought two pairs of retrosuperfutures but I need a few more pairs as I'm outside 10+ hours/day.

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

How many are you planning on bringing? You've only got the two eyes.

7. KBW

KBW Senior member

How many are you planning on bringing? You've only got the two eyes.

I only have two feet as well yet I own a whole hell of a lot more than one pair of shoes...I like to mix it up and not wear the same pair of shades every day. 10 pairs isn't too many my sister probably has 100

8. CityConnection

I only have two feet as well yet I own a whole hell of a lot more than one pair of shoes...I like to mix it up and not wear the same pair of shades every day. 10 pairs isn't too many my sister probably has 100
    I agree. Eyewear is a fashion accessory as much as a necklace, shoes, shirt and so on. The more you have the more you can play around with colors and style.

9. Nil

Nil Senior member

10. CityConnection

Which should I choose? http://saltoptics.com/detail.php?id=...id=1&orderby=4 in ash grey or http://www.osainternational.com/coll...TSHISNAME&pg=0 in black crystal gradient
    Assuming they both look good on you, they have subtle differences. Aside from price, The Salt are a bit more trendy and stand out a bit because of the stripes in the crustal whereas, the Blinde are more of a retro/vintage look with the split black and crsytal. If you want them to stand out a bit and be more unique go for the Blinde frames. If you want them to blend a bit more, and still be trendy/hip, go for the Salt.

11. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

What's the consensus on gradient lenses for men? Specifically, I am looking at OP green gradient.

12. nanny

nanny Member

Can you tell me what kind of sunglasses Meekus is wearing during the gasoline fight in Zoolander?

13. zbip

zbip Well-Known Member

what can you tell me about eyeglasses in taipei? do you have any stores to recommend?

also, do you know if any of the brands that are talked about on this forum are sold in taipei? because the prices that people say they pay around here (taipei) seem awfully low compared to the US/europe

thanks. i wasn't really planning on buying a pair of new glasses for another year or so, but since i'm here and the prices seem to be real good, i might as well look into it

edit: also, do u have a blog post about everything to know regarding LENSES? or, what are the feature i shoyuld look for when purchasing lenses? my vision is very bad (-7.5 with some astigmatism) - if this matters at all. should i get glass or plastic lenses? any anti-fog coating or should i look for some slim lenses? info like that would be great. thanks again

14. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

Have you heard of Konishi eyewear? I have a pair actually... something about a Californian company outsourcing its manufacturing to the Japanese.

15. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Senior member

I have a question. I recently bought a pair of glasses that I thought looked ok, but after owning them for a while I don't like how they look. They are an wire rectangular frame style that I spent an arm and a leg on, and now I wanna have them as a back up pair. My question is, are the plastic boxy nerd looking glasses still a good way to go? I was thinking about getting a $100 pair of glasses in this style from Ray Ban or Polo, as my last pair before the above were that style and I wore it for years till I snapped them in half. Mainly the boxy plastic nerd style im talking about is this: [​IMG] Im in my mid 20's , is this still gonna be an acceptable style for the next year or longer?