• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Side parted hair

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats how i do...the part doesnt seem too well defined here (im drunk and messy) but it gets the point across....wear my part to the side and back:
Same here...
823_20_04_08_4_15_23_1.jpg
35259x1.jpg

OhOhOne

Reaction score
I like the look a lot, but have recently decided that a razor-sharp part looks too neat/boring/conservative. As much as I hate to admit it, for me, it seems to function as a bit of a turn off to members of the opposite sex, and actually appears to attract unwanted (for me) attention from members of the same sex. I've found that a less defined part works better for me, which I achieve by parting neatly and then brushing over forward, so that the hair still parts, but you can't actually see the scalp.

Also, Redken Maneuver is the latest-and-greatest for me, after using nothing at all for years.

votor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cas Ruffin
I use Murray's Hair Wax.

Does that leave your hair shiny? Also, does it hold the hair shape throughout the day?

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Yhea, looks fine, make sure your hairs long enough, and not to long.

He wears it well...

photo_14.jpg

What product would some one use to get this, Pomade?

Oh yes, he wears it well because he had some hair operations. With his hairline during the ER times, he wouldn't be able to pull that off.

Doctor

Reaction score
People don't seem to have realised that Clooney looks good because his hair is not excessively flat, nor is it excessively greasy. Gluing your hair to your head with grease is just gross, and you won't get a female to come within a square mile of you.

If you're gay, then fair enough, but otherwise, do what Clooney does and know that (1) Yes, a side part can look great, but also (2) you have to do it properly!

Looking at some of the pics in this thread is turning me off my dinner. Cut back on the glue!

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God I wanna go 50's greaser for my next look.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this on WAYWT

2vubkpc.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I could part my hair..........

Or, I guess I should say, I wish I had enough hair to part.

stylo 9000

Reaction score
In the interest of self-aggrandization, here are pictures of my father and grandfather (in his younger days) rocking the side part. In my grandfather's case it is Parachute coconut oil, in my father's case it's just the natural oil of the hair - he only washes it every 2-3 days. Note, you will need good genetics to pull this off - my grandfather is in his early 70's and he still has his side part, today shock-white instead of gray. Makes me hope I age as well
smile.gif

sidenote: are huge old-person glasses coming back anytime soon? I sure hope so
cool.gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I could do it, it's awesome, but the receding hairline says FAIL.

stylo 9000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
Found this on WAYWT

2vubkpc.jpg

doesn't really work imo. You need at least a somewhat angular skull to pull it off, otherwise it just looks effeminate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads