1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Side parted hair

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by votor, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Liam

Liam Senior member

What is the general consensus regarding this type of hair? I usually see it on newscaster and politician who are rather old. Will it suitable on a 25 year old male Asian?

I don't think it's a good look, I'd rather shave my head than go with a side part.
    It comes off as too much of a serious look, which is fine for a business look, I guess.

2. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

I was going to say, enough of this pomade-brylcreem nonsense. The steps to a nice side part are simple:
    (if your hair parts on right; if on left, reverse)

1 take right right
    2 spread fingers slightly
    3 run through hair from right to left, starting roughly with roughly 1/4 to 1/3 hair under palm of right hand

Repeat every thirty minutes or whenever you're trying to appear nonchalant. Done, you have side-parted hair. Works best if you're under the age of 40.

[​IMG]

I do have like an 8" long comb that I use now, after getting out of the shower. Just decide where you want the part and split it! However, I went a few years using the finger-method too [​IMG]

edit - just realized my avatar has side-parted hair as well. I'm more mystified at non-parted hair. Do guys, like, use blowdryers or something [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. zubin

zubin Senior member

4. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Parting is the only acceptabel way for a man to wear his hair.

5. zubin

zubin Senior member

+1

i'm in the process of finding a new hair style, but my preferences always come back to one with a part on the side.

my hair is very short on the sides and back, with the top varying in length depending on the season, mood, etc.

thats how i do...the part doesnt seem too well defined here (im drunk and messy) but it gets the point across....wear my part to the side and back:
    [​IMG]

6. Cas Ruffin

Cas Ruffin Senior member

I use Murray's Hair Wax.

7. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Same here... [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. OhOhOne

OhOhOne New Member

I like the look a lot, but have recently decided that a razor-sharp part looks too neat/boring/conservative. As much as I hate to admit it, for me, it seems to function as a bit of a turn off to members of the opposite sex, and actually appears to attract unwanted (for me) attention from members of the same sex. I've found that a less defined part works better for me, which I achieve by parting neatly and then brushing over forward, so that the hair still parts, but you can't actually see the scalp.

Also, Redken Maneuver is the latest-and-greatest for me, after using nothing at all for years.

9. votor

votor Member

I use Murray's Hair Wax.

Does that leave your hair shiny? Also, does it hold the hair shape throughout the day?

10. PocketCircle

PocketCircle Senior member

Yhea, looks fine, make sure your hairs long enough, and not to long.

He wears it well...

[​IMG]

What product would some one use to get this, Pomade?

Oh yes, he wears it well because he had some hair operations. With his hairline during the ER times, he wouldn't be able to pull that off.

11. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

People don't seem to have realised that Clooney looks good because his hair is not excessively flat, nor is it excessively greasy. Gluing your hair to your head with grease is just gross, and you won't get a female to come within a square mile of you.

If you're gay, then fair enough, but otherwise, do what Clooney does and know that (1) Yes, a side part can look great, but also (2) you have to do it properly!

Looking at some of the pics in this thread is turning me off my dinner. Cut back on the glue!

12. Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels Senior member

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

God I wanna go 50's greaser for my next look.

14. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

Found this on WAYWT

[​IMG]

15. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wish I could part my hair..........

Or, I guess I should say, I wish I had enough hair to part.

16. RCG Tiburon

RCG Tiburon Senior member

In the interest of self-aggrandization, here are pictures of my father and grandfather (in his younger days) rocking the side part. In my grandfather's case it is Parachute coconut oil, in my father's case it's just the natural oil of the hair - he only washes it every 2-3 days. Note, you will need good genetics to pull this off - my grandfather is in his early 70's and he still has his side part, today shock-white instead of gray. Makes me hope I age as well [​IMG]

sidenote: are huge old-person glasses coming back anytime soon? I sure hope so [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Wish I could do it, it's awesome, but the receding hairline says FAIL.

18. RCG Tiburon

RCG Tiburon Senior member

Found this on WAYWT

[​IMG]

doesn't really work imo. You need at least a somewhat angular skull to pull it off, otherwise it just looks effeminate.

19. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

20. Wrigglez

Wrigglez Senior member

sup tobey mcguire.

bahahahha, spot on,