• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question re: RRL (Double RL) Jeans

Blog Marley

Reaction score
i just found out the georgetown store is closed
frown.gif

i really want to order something while the f&f is running. whats the best way/store to get my hands on (preferably some field officer pants).

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chomeo
whodini.

what size is that? and how is it compare to your normal size - waist and inseam. from the first picture, is that stacking that i see at the bottom of the backside?

That's an old pair back when they were vanity sized. IIRC that's a size 28 when I normally wear a 32, inseam was around 32". There was a bit of stacking that got more prominent as the jeans softened up and I began to sag them a little.

FromCAtoCO

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit and washes of the Low rise striaght leg? I tried on the regular striaght leg in 34x34, and they were a little bigger then I would like. True waist is 33-34.

How much slimmer are the low rise, or should I say how much roomier are the straigt leg vs the low rise straigt leg?

Do the low rise come in the one wash and the raw dry rigid?
If so how different will these two behave, meaning the stretching vs the shrinking of the two. i have searched and it has been hard finding a definitive answer.

Thanks!

Tumbling Dice

Reaction score
I saw a kid wearing some RRL jeans at a J Crew store today. Never had seen these before. I don't usually like fancy embroidery on the pockets of jeans but these had a pretty cool, fairly intricate stitching design on the back and a good slim fit with a rugged unwashed denim look. They looked like the ones on this web page: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_U0-kUcF4do...eans%2B006.JPG He said he got them at the store in Georgetown. Is this store now closed? Does anyone have any ideas about what model RRL jeans these might be? [I Should have asked the kid] I've done a search on the internet and can't find any RRL jeans with the same back pockets. Also, why are RRL jeans in general so hard to find? I can't find a lot of these for sale on the internet (including Ralph Lauren's website). Where's the best place to buy these? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FromCAtoCO
Can anyone comment on the fit and washes of the Low rise striaght leg? I tried on the regular striaght leg in 34x34, and they were a little bigger then I would like. True waist is 33-34.

How much slimmer are the low rise, or should I say how much roomier are the straigt leg vs the low rise straigt leg?

Do the low rise come in the one wash and the raw dry rigid?
If so how different will these two behave, meaning the stretching vs the shrinking of the two. i have searched and it has been hard finding a definitive answer.

Thanks!

The Straight Leg is more of a traditional 501 cut, the Low Straight has a lower rise and is slimmer if I'm not mistaken. The Low Straight is in no way a skinny jean it is simply slim. For fall I believe they were only going to release it in a one-wash. The stretching/shrinking is a moot point as they will both act the same.

Originally Posted by Tumbling Dice
I saw a kid wearing some RRL jeans at a J Crew store today. Never had seen these before. I don't usually like fancy embroidery on the pockets of jeans but these had a pretty cool, fairly intricate stitching design on the back and a good slim fit with a rugged unwashed denim look. He said he got them at the store in Georgetown. Is this store now closed? Does anyone have any ideas about what model RRL jeans these might be? [I Should have asked the kid] I've done a search on the internet and can't find any RRL jeans with the same back pockets. Also, why are RRL jeans in general so hard to find? I can't find a lot of these for sale on the internet (including Ralph Lauren's website). Where's the best place to buy these? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Georgetown is closed but you can special order a pair through Farinelli's on this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=110475

RRL is RL's baby line and prefers that it has a toned-down following hence no online sales, minimal boutique retailers, etc. The better place to find RRL is at your local RRL store; the best place to get RRL is through Farinelli's as Mauro can order you any specific item you request.

FromCAtoCO

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the response. I am about a true 34 waist, but the 34's in the straight leg were a little big. Would you recomend the 33 wiast or 34 in the low rise straight leg?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FromCAtoCO
Thanks so much for the response. I am about a true 34 waist, but the 34's in the straight leg were a little big. Would you recomend the 33 wiast or 34 in the low rise straight leg?
Definitely size down to the 33.

Tumbling Dice

Reaction score
Thanks, Whodini, much appreciated . . .

Originally Posted by whodini

Georgetown is closed but you can special order a pair through Farinelli's on this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=110475

RRL is RL's baby line and prefers that it has a toned-down following hence no online sales, minimal boutique retailers, etc. The better place to find RRL is at your local RRL store; the best place to get RRL is through Farinelli's as Mauro can order you any specific item you request.

SFTA10

Reaction score
check ebay for ' raw rrl jeans ' this is how i found my

i just bought a pair for half price of retail

i bought a straight leg because i love the 501s so much so i should get them soon but i am considering a slim fit as well for next time

greetz from germany

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
some of their fade pattern is spot on.
i wish i could get a pair of faded that fit me

the_pole

Reaction score
sorry to highjack this thread but whats the site for the RRL i cant seem to find RRL on the reg RL site

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_pole
sorry to highjack this thread but whats the site for the RRL i cant seem to find RRL on the reg RL site

Doesn't exist

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads