Question re: RRL (Double RL) Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by embowafa, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

From what I gather in this thread the straight cut is similar to the new slimmer 501 cut right? Damn, if the low straight is that much slimmer I'm guessing they look pretty skinny?

2. ataru

ataru Senior member

I have a pair of low straights that should get to me this weekend. I'll let you know how they compare to the straights when they arrive.

My straights are a 30, and honestly I could wear a 29 with their rise, but the low straights are a 32, which should work for me if the measurements I've received are correct. It may turn out that I should have gone with a 31 on the low straights though.

The fit on the straights is not that slim. It reminds me of 50s lee models. The low straights are slimmer throughout from what I hear.

3. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

anyone know where i can kop RRL denim in dallas?

4. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

The only jeans I own (12 pairs). I wash them frequently on a cold delicate cycle, inside out. The fit and the fade gets better with each wash.

5. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

The only jeans I own (12 pairs). I wash them frequently on a cold delicate cycle, inside out. The fit and the fade gets better with each wash.

Haven't seen very many fade pics for RRL other than whodini's. Can you post a couple in the RRL thread?

6. blklblk

blklblk Senior member

do the black slim fits stretch the same way as the indigo raw slim fits?

7. Rocko

Rocko Member

I have a pair of 33 RRL Slim Fits, however I've run into the big thighs-small waste problem that is so common among those looking to get good-fitting jeans. The legs fit perfect and I got them for a sick deal, however the waste is simply too big. Worth the money to get the waste altered properly, or should I move on?

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Big thighs/small waist = not going to find any slim fit jeans that fit well everywhere. You either deal with the bigger waist or try to get it altered, which can be a crapshoot depending on the skill of your tailor.

9. giorgosaek21

giorgosaek21 Well-Known Member

can someone sell or can find for me these double rrl sweatpants because i want to buy them?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I have a BNWT pair of Low Straights in Spring Creek 2 wash for sale on eBay and they don't get any attention at all. I'm selling them for the price of a pair of ordinary Levi's (no LVC, nothing special) here (around 80 pounds).

I know eBay US is flooded with these, but here in Europe they are hard to find, and if you order from the US it will go through customs and it will take longer to arrive. And it's not like they are a weird size, it's W33 L34.

Is it because noone knows about RRL in Europe?

11. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Well that's just wonderful fucking news.

12. LeatherBoot

LeatherBoot Senior member

Is RRL moving the production of their jeans to China? My recent order from RalphLauren.com came today for the first time ever I am seeing made in China RRL jeans. I know a lot of the chinos and other products are made overseas but I have been buying RRL jeans for 10 years now and this is the first time I seeing Chinese made jeans.