• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question re: RRL (Double RL) Jeans

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you denim heads. Does anyone have any experience with RRL (Double RL) Denim?

If so, can you give your opinion on the fit, quality, durability of them? Pictures would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback!!

btw: I did a search, but it didn't produce anything. If there is a thread already in existence, a link would be great.

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
I've tried on two pairs of RRL's, I have a pair of selvege white RRL skinny jeans and I tried on a pair of their slim bootcut. I found both pairs to run large in the waist. I hear that sizing is more true to size recently, however. My white RRL's are amazing, my GF is in love with them. I obviously don't wear them often like you'd wear a pair of dry jeans, because you'd be crazy to wear the same pair of white jeans every day so I can't comment on the durability.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I carry RRL in my store and I think its fits amazing the washes are SICK!!!
The dry denim is great too.

Not to be a deusche (sp) but I am having a sale and I do have a little RRL left.
I have a huge shipment on its way for washes and dry.

Best ,
mauro

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_2137.jpg

These are my slim fit RRLs. They still run a little big in the waist because they mean for you to wear them lower on your waist. These have a mid rise, the denim is crazy nice, and there are a lot of nice details that are usually only found on the highest quality jeans. I got a size 30x34, and for the record my measurements are roughly 32x32. I usually get a 31 in jeans to account for stretching but RRL doesn't make size 31 jeans.

And the reason you can't search for RRL is because it's only 3 letters. There's been some info, but there's not a definitive thread. I'd recommend going over to SuperFuture and digging up the thread called "Ralph Lauren RRLs".

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its good ****.
Try it on and find a fit you like.

gforce

Reaction score
I love it...............really great denim and fits. Even the washes look good. Even at full retail it is not overpriced imo......I just picked up a pair of the slim fit (not slim straight which is more tapered) for $165 at the San Antonio store. I would say they fit true to size.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The washes don't just look good. They're some of the best washes I've ever seen.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gforce
I love it...............really great denim and fits. Even the washes look good. Even at full retail it is not overpriced imo......I just picked up a pair of the slim fit (not slim straight which is more tapered) for $165 at the San Antonio store. I would say they fit true to size.

IMO slim fit is more tapered. Slim Straight was more of a slim tubeleg fit. I tried on an old one wash pair from ebay but the rise was really low.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback, everyone. it's greatly appreciated.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard that RRL denim is made on the same looms as APC. Any truth to this rumor? Also does anyone have any measurements on size 31 RRL jeans?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure in regards to the APC rumor but RRL isn't currently making any jeans in a size 31. They did before but those were the size up 4-5 ones. For the record the denim on my RRLs is a good bit nicer that APC denim, but it's not really hairy like Japanese brands such as the Flat Head.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Denimbar
I carry RRL in my store and I think its fits amazing the washes are SICK!!!
The dry denim is great too.

Not to be a deusche (sp) but I am having a sale and I do have a little RRL left.
I have a huge shipment on its way for washes and dry.

Best ,
mauro

You got pics btw?

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some bootcut in Raw, and I love them. They are a low rise and barely flare at all at the bottom. THey fit me perfectly in all the right places. I have a 32 and I usually wear that or a 33, and they shrunk a little after my wash.

gforce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
I have some bootcut in Raw, and I love them. They are a low rise and barely flare at all at the bottom. THey fit me perfectly in all the right places. I have a 32 and I usually wear that or a 33, and they shrunk a little after my wash.
I have those in the same size and totally agree. They fit me better than the 5ep ldb and have a little less flare. And yes, the denim blows away apc imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads