• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Playing Second Fiddle/S**t Friends

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your friend was a dick, be a dick and hit on his gf non-stop in the most dirty suggestive yet unneedy ways. Also for your confidence problem, look up Real Social Dynamics - The Blue Print Decoded, torrent it, it is a very interesting take on the whole thing and certainly will help those looking to improve their game.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Also for your confidence problem, look up Real Social Dynamics - The Blue Print Decoded, torrent it, it is a very interesting take on the whole thing and certainly will help those looking to improve their game.

Yes, this is essential research. Find the materials that XenoX uses to model his own behaviors, study them exhaustively, and then do the opposite.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Yes, this is essential research. Find the materials that XenoX uses to model his own behaviors, study them exhaustively, and then do the opposite.

laugh.gif

i literally loled

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
I dont believe in "calling dibs" on women, but regardless if I knew my buddy was into a girl and was lacking game I would at least talk to him before macking her.

he isnt a friend. Not to open another topic, but I believe the term "friend" is bandied around too freely these days. Dude may be an acquaintence, but I wouldnt a guy like that a friend.

K

+1.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If i did something like that to a friend, i would at least invite them in for the 3 way, especially with the kind of girl who will ditch a dude for his friend.

Stay friends with your friend, no reason to make war over something stupid like this, but next time, steal his girl. Also, work on blasting through that worry about asking a girl out. Worry about it, no big deal, but delaying then asking is a big deal.

Thank your friend for showing you how its done, then man up next time. Your buddy seriously did you a favor.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
1. She's shallow and not worth getting into a relationship with. Dumb girls like this are turned on by doing "dangerous" things like dating two friends at the same time.

This is a typical male chauvinist answer. There is nothing in this story that says the woman is "dumb" or "shallow". She met two guys. One asked her out and she said yes. Indeed, she even essentially apologized for how it all went down. This sort of attitude is too often is allowed to pass and not called for the BS it is.

Your friend was a dick, be a dick and hit on his gf non-stop in the most dirty suggestive yet unneedy ways.

You obviously do not want to follow this advice.

b

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Do his mom.

Someone posted a video of this a few months ago (must have been from a show). Some chick cheated on or broke it off with some guy (can't remember), and so he told her that in revenge he was going to **** her mom. He did and hilarity ensued.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do his dad. ultimate revenge.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Hey, all sorry I've posted two rants...

I've felt bad all day and just kind of want to write it out...

So I met this girl a couple weeks ago, I really like her, we had hung out a few times, but I still get nervous around girls, so it took me until Tuesday to ask her out.

At any rate, not Good Friday but the Friday before we had hung out with one of the groups I volunteer with. One of my friends met her that night too. So I got her number and asked her out on Tuesday, she was like yeah I'd love to go out with you on Saturday (today).

Well on Monday, my buddy said "hey has edinatlanta asked you out yet?" She said no so he asked her out, they went out last night I believe.

She called me today and was like "I feel bad blah blah blah etc etc but I want to see where it goes with me and [edinatlanta's buddy] and I don't want to come between you and your friend." The best line, "maybe we can do something in the future" (or something similar). Of course that ship has sailed. "Do something" may or may not be a euphemism.

Now I only feel marginally upset about the girl. Yeah that sucks I did like her a lot but it was just such a **** move by my friend. He knows I don't have much game. He's known I liked her for a while. He knows all this, he was like I will let you have this one, and then he has to go and do this. That's what sucks. Of course it was also **** on her part to set up two concurrent dates. I guess it is better to find out where they really stand but it still isn't fun. Also this whole **** of girls bailing on me or **** like that happens routinely. I don't know why other than I have no real game to speak of, and little confidence when dealing with them.

At any rate, sorry for bringing my pussitis to SF. Making it worse/better is that I defriended him on facebook. You know **** is serious then...
laugh.gif

BTW: Buck Owens explains what playing second fiddle means.

That isn't a friend, that's a prick, and if you have principles you shouldn't talk to him again unless he gives you a wet soppy apology.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Your friend was a dick, be a dick and hit on his gf non-stop in the most dirty suggestive yet unneedy ways. Also for your confidence problem, look up Real Social Dynamics - The Blue Print Decoded, torrent it, it is a very interesting take on the whole thing and certainly will help those looking to improve their game.
you're a ******* pariah

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
xenox you are the worst

even somehow more terrible than this gross chinese food im eating

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
This is a typical male chauvinist answer. There is nothing in this story that says the woman is "dumb" or "shallow". She met two guys. One asked her out and she said yes. Indeed, she even essentially apologized for how it all went down. This sort of attitude is too often is allowed to pass and not called for the BS it is.
Maybe I didn't understand his original post but it sounded like she agreed to go out with both of them then blew off the OP. That doesn't sound shallow to you? I guess that makes me a chauvinist
confused.gif
Quality post.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
Maybe I didn't understand his original post but it sounded like she agreed to go out with both of them then blew off the OP. That doesn't sound shallow to you? I guess that makes me a chauvinist
confused.gif
Quality post.

You are right: she did agree to go out with him and then cancelled. However, she did not "blow him off". She canceled the plans. This doesn't change my belief that Xenox's answer was pure ****. Far too few guys on SF would have thought that a guy doing the same thing was a bad idea. They would have praised him for his forthright way of dealing with the situation and how he let her down so easily. Pure hypocritical ullshit.

b

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members