• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

obsessing over certain traits of clothes

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long running obsession with gingham. Easily a 1/4 of my formal dress shirts and third of my button ups overall are gingham. Plus two gingham harrington/barracuta style jackets.

It being so popular this season hasn't helped, I just bought two Tyrwhitt shirts I didn't need.

hamish5178

Reaction score
I've purchased many pairs of pants that I shouldn't have because they had button-flys.

I'm also a sucker for heavy fabric, I hate all this "vintage washed" paper thin AA t-shirt BS.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fit.

Plenty of other things to like, but a spot-on fit has the ability to make something as simple as a basic tee look like a million bucks.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purple, violet, subdued colours, drape, lambskin, goatskin, aged leather, anything technically innovative or different like the see-through seams of some CCP pants (you can see the gap of cloth in the stitching of two parts because I think the seam allowances are stitched away from the seam, leaving nothing to see through the stitching).

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chambray
cotton duck canvas
tripe stitch

which sometimes have me trying out some low rise diesel duck pants...

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quality tanned leather (shoes, goods, jackets, ect)... There's just so much potential for years of wear that reflects what's most important to me, the things I do.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Beautiful knitwork, buttons, fabrics and other jet like characteristics get me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads