• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Balmoral Boots

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Cliff surprised me with a free pair of shoes in a very original design.
bounce2.gif

I think they will be great for the summer.

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

WOW. This just made me sick as I should have placed my order for those brown caps loooong ago.

Damn.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

After seeing the toe on this I think I will commission a full brogue in antique chestnut from Cliff. Perhaps the brown cap toe, too!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Would be nice to see a pic of his lasted shoe trees. Does anyone know if he makes them himself or does he farm it out to a company in Northampton which does this?

you can answer it yourself. why should a small operation like his, make trees themselves?

especially after he got a lot of business from here...

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Mr. Roberts latest Balmoral shoe is quite elegant and is further kindling my interest in his products

I look forward to seeing his future offerings using a squared last (similar to EG's 888)

Would be nice to see a pic of his lasted shoe trees. Does anyone know if he makes them himself or does he farm it out to a company in Northampton which does this?

The lasted trees are in the first pics in the thread. He charges his cost - 35 GBP.

black cat

Reaction score
This pretty much inspired me to join the forum, so thanks. Once I get some cash together I'm going to go and pay a visit to Cliff to get some fine Balmorals.

Lear

Reaction score
DSC00377.jpg

Lots of balmoral boot threads cropping up lately. I like the look
inlove.gif

How many here would wear this boot with chino/jeans?

I understand that the blutcher variation of such a boot would be considered more informal. But I do prefer the cleaner lines of the model shown. Reminds me of the sleekness of my RMW chelsea boots.

So, wearable with chino/jeans?

Lear

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lear
Lots of balmoral boot threads cropping up lately. I like the look
inlove.gif

How many here would wear this boot with chino/jeans?

I understand that the blutcher variation of such a boot would be considered more informal. But I do prefer the cleaner lines of the model shown. Reminds me of the sleekness of my RMW chelsea boots.

So, wearable with chino/jeans?

Lear

I wear my balmorals at every opportunity. It's the weather (I don't like to get them wet) rather than my choice of trousers that dictates if they get worn or not! If you'd wear oxford shoes with jeans or chinos there's not a lot of difference in wearing the boot.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fritzl....(Ay329 puts his head down....) you are right, he likely farms out the lasted shoe trees. Dean Girling mentioned to me there is one company that virtually everyone uses in the Northampton area

FYI everyone, I put my deposit down for my special balmoral boot via Cliff...ETA 10-12 weeks

Now I'm considering a monk strap and a balmoral semi-brogue

If this works out...its nice to have a more affordable alternative to G&G and EG...presuming the quality of his work is comparable

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are turning out fantastic! I'll post larger pictures of these and the boots when I receive them.

The nail pattern looks oddly familiar
devil.gif

I can't wait to see the chisel toe last.

DSC00454.jpg

DSC004582.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tangfastic
I wear my balmorals at every opportunity. It's the weather (I don't like to get them wet) rather than my choice of trousers that dictates if they get worn or not! If you'd wear oxford shoes with jeans or chinos there's not a lot of difference in wearing the boot.

I'm thinking along the same lines Tangfastic. Thanks.

These are turning out fantastic! I'll post larger pictures of these and the boots when I receive them.

The nail pattern looks oddly familiar
devil.gif

I can't wait to see the chisel toe last.

AnGeLiCbOrIs, any idea as to whether a customer can visit him to get measured? I could get to Northamton in a jiffy.

Lear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads