• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Staatsoper
Great, I'll move them to B & S this weekend, and add more pix.

I'd like a peek at them as well...I get the feeling that antirabbit and I are the same size for clothing and shoes...not good for me because he's quicker at picking out the winners from B&S.
tounge.gif

Hoofit

Reaction score
Been slow on my thrift route. However I did see an interesting sport coat called "Five Eleven" Normal looking coat with holders for guns and ammo built into the inside. Still new with tags size 44R probably still there if anyone is interested in that kind of thing.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I'd like a peek at them as well...I get the feeling that antirabbit and I are the same size for clothing and shoes...not good for me because he's quicker at picking out the winners from B&S.
tounge.gif

I have been put on a freeze by the wife....advantage moves to you....but I am creative.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
I have been put on a freeze by the wife....advantage moves to you....but I am creative.

Buy it, ship it to office, keep in trunk of car for a while until the wife is in a good mood?

Don't ask how I know.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Buy it, ship it to office, keep in trunk of car for a while until the wife is in a good mood?

Don't ask how I know.

I did that....she nailed me on this about 36 hours ago. Sux

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ You guys need some separate bank accounts, it was a breath of fresh air when me and da wife did it.

Staatsoper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
We do, we do... thank goodness.
How could a wife possibly object to her husband being superbly and stylishly shod? Uh, you can tell I've never been married.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Staatsoper
How could a wife possibly object to her husband being superbly and stylishly shod?

Uh, you can tell I've never been married.

Yeah no kidding... at least she's coming around to the "I'm paying $10 for a $1000 sport coat" argument regarding thrifting. Of course then it goes from the argument of spending money to "there's no room in your closet." It never, ever stops.

mco543

Reaction score
Hit my 3 usuals today and came away with the following
Zegna tie (black with red)
Dior tie (light blue, rustic orange, and white) for the collection
and a NWT Dolce & Gabbana white button down

total price of about 8.00

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Passed up a Les Copains 3 btn blazer today. Anyone know anything about the label? Should I go abck and grab it? It didn't seem like anything special (it was fused, not handwork, etc). I'm more iffy on "gambles" from the Salvation Army because they have a no-return policy. Today I found what looks like a boy's large Burberry wool pullover shirt and a men's 100% cashmere Polo RL cable-knit sweater. It's beautiful. Looks brand new, no pilling or anything. Also included are photos of yesterdays finds (got my camera back today). The HF suit uses Loro Piana Tasmanian Super 120s fabric.
DSC03226.jpg
DSC03227.jpg
DSC03228.jpg
DSC03229.jpg
DSC03230.jpg
DSC03231.jpg
DSC03232.jpg
DSC03235.jpg

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size are the suits Nataku? You've been on quite the Burberry suit roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads