• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Why do you have a Chinese translation of the first few pages of EM Forster's homosexual masterpiece "Maurice" on your wall? Is there something you are trying to tell us, mon coeur?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
All the ervell knits fit like that, my red one actually looked better in a large than the medium did and a button up under is needed (fix the collar too). Agreed about the pants, rag and bone pants have never had a great cut.
Really? Because it looks too big everywhere. The shoulders look like it's a size too big, and the neck also gives the impression it is too big, but not in a cool fashion-forward type of way. I have a hard time believing if he sized down 1 the fit would not be a good bit better.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Really? Because it looks too big everywhere. The shoulders look like it's a size too big, and the neck also gives the impression it is too big, but not in a cool fashion-forward type of way.

I have a hard time believing if he sized down 1 the fit would not be a good bit better.

No, they all fit like that. I was there when another guy who was a completely different size tried it on and heard the sales guy make the same exact comment as Jet with Patrik in the room. I'm also 5'9, 155lbs with an athetlic build and I got size small.

It also looks like it fits much better (and looks better all around) with a button up shirt underneath and differnet pants - tried it out this morning. Thanks a ton for the suggestion.

I will post an update pic next time I rock it.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
^Why do you have a Chinese translation of the first few pages of EM Forster's homosexual masterpiece "Maurice" on your wall? Is there something you are trying to tell us, mon coeur?

It came with the house, it's one of the two things I should try hard not to destroy. The other one is the door, which I didn't get a shot of.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
9am and it's already hot and muggy and I could not find my bloody camera anywhere so I used my MacBook camera instead.
photo24.jpg
KWxTaT OCBD Gap '09 selvedge Clark's DBs

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
PG Love it. I never liked Acne but that blouson looks like a winner. The Rimowa luggage suits you perfectly. You going home? Have fun!
Ooh, you got my 1,000th post.

- agreed about ACNE, there jeans are weird with that oh so low back pockets & always over priced. But I got lucky with this one
- why thank you & happy 1000th!
- yeah off home for 10 days of family, coffee & never ending hugs from my Niece & Nephew!

Originally Posted by SuperBobo
PG, great, except the tshirt under the v-neck... a bd shirt instead, and it´d be golden...
- I know! They ran out of my size @ UNIQLO!

Originally Posted by wmmk
Awesome fits, PG. How do you like the seersucker pants from Uniqlo
- will know in a few days after I have had them tailored

Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
^Uniqlo slacks are quite slim (unless you size up like it appears PG has done), they would make very nice, close fitting shorts. The J Crew shorts are fine, but they're not really really slim. I'll post pics later today.
- these are my size, I have only sized up the cotton chinos

Originally Posted by PinkPantser
jcrew, ndg, banana republic
- so effortlessly cool

Originally Posted by constant struggle
footwear needs to change, slim up the pants a bit, and you are good to go
+1

Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Nice, as always.... btw, what is your take on Rimowa? Do you like it/would you buy it again/do you recommend it?
- My take, weird considering I just bought it.. & this is my 4th piece.. So yeah I rate them better than my old Halliburton luggage

Originally Posted by gshen
really, really pissed off with that lizard on my wall.
- sure it isn't a gecko?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just grading papers today, so I don't need to dress up much. In any case, another try at skinner jeans...
DSC03542.jpg
Polo: Valentino R.E.D. Jeans: cheapies I found at Urban Outfitters that seemed skinnier fit than my normal (brand is BDG or something like that) Shoes: Muji Bag: Givenchy

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
3909pic.jpg
Ray Ban burgundy small wayfarers D&G leather jacket Fred Perry shirt Paul Smith trouser Paul Smith light blue polka dot socks Paul Smith "timpano" shoes "Buster" the Mini Clubman

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta work this evening, so I figured I wouldn't dress like a meth-head.

Newly DIY slimmed shirt and jacket, but just realized the jacket sleeves really do need to be slimmed. Figured the bootcuts looked better than the skinnies, and the wind was pulling the rear flap of the jacket out.

01-4.jpg
02-4.jpg

03-2.jpg
04.jpg

05.jpg

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
3909pic.jpg

Ray Ban burgundy small wayfarers
D&G leather jacket
Fred Perry shirt
Paul Smith trouser
Paul Smith light blue polka dot socks
Paul Smith "timpano" shoes
"Buster" the Mini Clubman

You outta be rocking that look in Rome. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads