• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have any info on the Filson/Apolis Activism bag?

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
DISCLAIMER: i love filson and i have 2 pieces from apolis including the context x apolis collab. i also bought both of my apcs from mauro at farinellis and love their selection and their discounts.

but im just wondering if anyone else thinks the price on the bag is high? i know everyone including mauro says that they tried to lowered the costs as much as possible but is it worth it?

you can get the exact bag minus the material, the white patch, the red stitch cross from cranes with the SF discount from:
195 (retail)
- 19.50 (online discount)
- 35.10 (sf discount)
= 140.40

even without the discounts ... does the collab bag warrant double plus more?

SOMEONE PLEASE PERSUADE ME HAHA!!!

It's out of my range. I like the color a lot more on the Apolis/Filson, but I'm probably not willing to pay $200-250 more for it. Maybe if it were leather.

akaidiot

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: i love filson and i have 2 pieces from apolis including the context x apolis collab. i also bought both of my apcs from mauro at farinellis and love their selection and their discounts.

but im just wondering if anyone else thinks the price on the bag is high? i know everyone including mauro says that they tried to lowered the costs as much as possible but is it worth it?

you can get the exact bag minus the material, the white patch, the red stitch cross from cranes with the SF discount from:
195 (retail)
- 35.10 (sf discount)
= 140.40

SOMEONE PLEASE PERSUADE ME HAHA!!!

Do it for Uganda?

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
pretty sure navy
Aww, seriously? Oh well, not like I could afford it anyway. I just want that bag in black, couldn't care less about the material. BLACK, DAMNIT
frown.gif

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that is a great looking bag, and I'm a big fan of apolis, but the price is painful

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
pretty sure navy

yeah its def navy

Originally Posted by akaidiot
Do it for Uganda?

haha yeah i know its for a good cause but comeon ... double for cause?

Originally Posted by FiveFiveFive
It's out of my range. I like the color a lot more on the Apolis/Filson, but I'm probably not willing to pay $200-250 more for it. Maybe if it were leather.

yeah i LOVE the color and i already love the design by everything filson makes but im just wondering about the price

anyway ... is anyone here set on definitely buying this bag?

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ima sleep on it. I mean I had a feeling it was going be around that price anyways =[

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm definitely buying the bag. Price be damned. Apolis is sweet. The cause is sweet. Mauro is a damn cool guy. Case closed.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Is it expensive? Sure. Is it worth it? Depends on what your take is. These Briefcases will be cut to order and I guarantee you they will be limited. Also, while in business for over 100 years, this will be one of the first collabs Filson's ever done.

The Parton brothers aren't stupid. They know this bag is expensive but it's not that they're taking a bunch of random materials and making their own bag. They're not just trying to cover the cost of their own work but also the work of Filson and Invisible Children who also need to make money.

195 (retail)
- 35.10 (sf discount)
= 140.40

This is just amateurish. If you can't afford it, fine, don't buy it and don't try to breakdown the price when you don't know the details involved. It's like wanting to buy a pair of jeans but you're asking where the extra $150 goes for a pair of 5EPs if they're both just a pair of jeans.

This isn't 2+2=$446 so stop treating it as such.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok. the bag is Leather and cotton canvas. Before you get your panties in a bunch lets us break down the facts for you. Their is a lot going into this bag and not just on a production level.

I will have the dimensions and ship date for you in the next few days.
I will also give a better explanation on why the cost is high. Which after the SFD it's really not so bad.

if the bag was RRL , Prada or on the lines it would easily be 700.00+

best,
mauro

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm getting it most likely.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Also, while in business for over 100 years, this will be one of the first collabs Filson's ever done.

There have already been Steven Alan and Jean Shop collabs. This collab thing might be new for Filson but it seems like they are ramping it up big time.

Originally Posted by Mauro
if the bag was RRL , Prada or on the lines it would easily be 700.00+

best,
mauro

Agreed. I think the bag looks cool. I can't justify it personally but you guys ***** its too expensive, go ahead and get the $180 tan or olive color. Enjoy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads