1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone have any info on the Filson/Apolis Activism bag?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by WhoKnewI, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    The bag is $446.00 and the SFD does apply.
    They said they did their best to keep the cost down. They are all honest guys. with that being said I will pick up domestic shipping for anyone interested in the bag.
    I will help too!!!
    anyone interested please PM me or email me.
    best,
    Mauro

2. j.$

j.$ New Member

Is there any more info on the type of material they're using for this bag?

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

DISCLAIMER: i love filson and i have 2 pieces from apolis including the context x apolis collab. i also bought both of my apcs from mauro at farinellis and love their selection and their discounts.

but im just wondering if anyone else thinks the price on the bag is high? i know everyone including mauro says that they tried to lowered the costs as much as possible but is it worth it?

you can get the exact bag minus the material, the white patch, the red stitch cross from cranes with the SF discount from:
    195 (retail)
    - 19.50 (online discount)
    - 35.10 (sf discount)
    = 140.40

even without the discounts ... does the collab bag warrant double plus more?

SOMEONE PLEASE PERSUADE ME HAHA!!!

4. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Is it available in black, though?

I ask that seriously. Because if it was, I would cop instantly, haha.

5. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Is this bag black or navy?

6. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior member

DISCLAIMER: i love filson and i have 2 pieces from apolis including the context x apolis collab. i also bought both of my apcs from mauro at farinellis and love their selection and their discounts.

but im just wondering if anyone else thinks the price on the bag is high? i know everyone including mauro says that they tried to lowered the costs as much as possible but is it worth it?

you can get the exact bag minus the material, the white patch, the red stitch cross from cranes with the SF discount from:
    195 (retail)
    - 35.10 (sf discount)
    = 140.40

It's out of my range. I like the color a lot more on the Apolis/Filson, but I'm probably not willing to pay $200-250 more for it. Maybe if it were leather.

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

8. akaidiot

akaidiot Senior member

195 (retail)
    - 35.10 (sf discount)
    = 140.40

Do it for Uganda?

9. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

pretty sure navy
    Aww, seriously? Oh well, not like I could afford it anyway. I just want that bag in black, couldn't care less about the material. BLACK, DAMNIT [​IMG]

10. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

that is a great looking bag, and I'm a big fan of apolis, but the price is painful

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

pretty sure navy

yeah its def navy

Do it for Uganda?

haha yeah i know its for a good cause but comeon ... double for cause?

It's out of my range. I like the color a lot more on the Apolis/Filson, but I'm probably not willing to pay $200-250 more for it. Maybe if it were leather.

yeah i LOVE the color and i already love the design by everything filson makes but im just wondering about the price

anyway ... is anyone here set on definitely buying this bag?

12. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Ima sleep on it. I mean I had a feeling it was going be around that price anyways =[

13. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Yeah I'm definitely buying the bag. Price be damned. Apolis is sweet. The cause is sweet. Mauro is a damn cool guy. Case closed.

14. whodini

whodini Senior member

Is it expensive? Sure. Is it worth it? Depends on what your take is. These Briefcases will be cut to order and I guarantee you they will be limited. Also, while in business for over 100 years, this will be one of the first collabs Filson's ever done.

The Parton brothers aren't stupid. They know this bag is expensive but it's not that they're taking a bunch of random materials and making their own bag. They're not just trying to cover the cost of their own work but also the work of Filson and Invisible Children who also need to make money.

195 (retail)
    - 35.10 (sf discount)
    = 140.40

This is just amateurish. If you can't afford it, fine, don't buy it and don't try to breakdown the price when you don't know the details involved. It's like wanting to buy a pair of jeans but you're asking where the extra $150 goes for a pair of 5EPs if they're both just a pair of jeans.

This isn't 2+2=$446 so stop treating it as such.

15. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Ok. the bag is Leather and cotton canvas. Before you get your panties in a bunch lets us break down the facts for you. Their is a lot going into this bag and not just on a production level.

I will have the dimensions and ship date for you in the next few days.
    I will also give a better explanation on why the cost is high. Which after the SFD it's really not so bad.

if the bag was RRL , Prada or on the lines it would easily be 700.00+

best,
    mauro

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Shea Parton will hopefully be here soon. He is in Vegas right now, AFAIK, but created an account for him last night.

17. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

I haven't fully committed to the cause yet due to the price and my budget, but I'm eagerly awaiting Mauro's breakdown of the details.

Also, sniped from Secret Forts:
    [​IMG]

18. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I'm getting it most likely.

19. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

^^Sweet jacket in the pic.

20. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Also, while in business for over 100 years, this will be one of the first collabs Filson's ever done.

There have already been Steven Alan and Jean Shop collabs. This collab thing might be new for Filson but it seems like they are ramping it up big time.

if the bag was RRL , Prada or on the lines it would easily be 700.00+

best,
    mauro

Agreed. I think the bag looks cool. I can't justify it personally but you guys bitch its too expensive, go ahead and get the $180 tan or olive color. Enjoy.