• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo Boss is crapola

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All highs and no lows? must be bose? but seriously, the marketing on that product is just amazing. I mean, you ask anyone on the street what good speakers are and most not in the know would say "bose" Sure, there are much worse speakers out there but much like Hugo Boss, you could do 100% better for the amount you are spending.

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Is Bose really that bad? I'm no audiophile but I'm pretty happy with my sound system, although it did cost a pretty penny at the time. Any chance for a quick PM to talk about it? (I'm not looking to be flatly told it sucks. I think what i've got is good and I like it, I'm just curious why some people hate Bose)

dclloyd

Reaction score
So what you're saying is that the photo's I took of some pretty sharp Hugo Boss sport-coats for my upcoming B&S post are pretty much useless??
frown.gif

I agree that they're not worth the retail price they try to charge, but do have some decent cuts that can round out a wardrobe.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with their ties and pants. Shirts were OK, but I don't buy them anymore since i discovered MTM. I have 1 suit which from them which is great. Never had any of their stuff fall apart on me. I find you just have to be very selective with their suit/pant fabrics, most of them are pretty fugly, but some are nice.

micbain

Reaction score
Bought a pair of Hugo Boss shoes before I found styleforum and they were the most uncomfortable shoes ever and this includes aldo shoes which made my heel bleed. I tried breaking them in for over a year haha. Good think nordstrom has such a great return policy.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You returned them after wearing them for a year? that is one hell of a return policy!

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
All highs and no lows? must be bose? but seriously, the marketing on that product is just amazing. I mean, you ask anyone on the street what good speakers are and most not in the know would say "bose" Sure, there are much worse speakers out there but much like Hugo Boss, you could do 100% better for the amount you are spending.

Good analogy. Bose speakers are overpriced and overrated.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
I'm regretting my Hugo Boss Pasolini suit purchase. I just got it back from the tailor and I noticed the material is shoddy. Hell, my ebay suit - M Valentino is 10 times better and the Banana Republic stuff is also better. Well, I paid $250 and spent another $100 on alterations - I don't think the suit is worth more than $150.

I have paid retail price ($150) for many of their shirts, many of which look like crappy $20 shirts in less than 6 months.

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
You returned them after wearing them for a year? that is one hell of a return policy!

It is, it really is. Probably one of the best return policies around!

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a Boss suit for a wedding last year and have worn it a few times since. So far it's holding up well. I've paid twice as much for designer suits and put my arm through the sleeve lining on the first wear, but this one is holding its shape and texture well even after a dryclean. It also has a great cut which is what first attracted me to it.

I don't know if I'm going to be pilloried for defending a Boss suit, but my limited experience (of one) has been good so far.

AB01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
How did Hugo Boss become THE coveted suit brand for young men who know nothing about suits? It's effing marketing genius.

The movie "The Terminal" really pushed it. Boss probably did product placement in many other places. Someone else in this thread said Boss is also in the movie Rocky.

It's marketed as high-end, so people will consider it high-end and pay more.

I really like the cuts of some of their shirts, and fit is very important. I haven't had anything exactly fall apart on me and I am considering a Hugo Boss sport coat that fits perfect with no alterations. Price tag was $750 which too much right now, but if I can ever find it again, it should be half-off or more with the way the economy is going. One of my favourite stores is closing.
frown.gif

Back on topic. I don't mean to defend any company that commits false advertising, but what are people talking about when they say their stuff is "falling apart". Is this after a wash? Does fall apart mean the threads are coming off or just creases not holding. Be more specific because we all need to know what to watch out next time we see Boss clothing at a store.

I have a French cuff, Slim Fit, Easy Iron Hugo Boss Martin shirt that fits perfectly, and I get compliments. I like everything about it (except the price). Is the shirt going to explode? Should I hand wash it?

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AB01
Back on topic. I don't mean to defend any company that commits false advertising, but what are people talking about when they say their stuff is "falling apart". Is this after a wash? Does fall apart mean the threads are coming off or just creases not holding. Be more specific because we all need to know what to watch out next time we see Boss clothing at a store. I have a French cuff, Slim Fit, Easy Iron Hugo Boss Martin shirt that fits perfectly, and I get compliments. I like everything about it (except the price). Is the shirt going to explode? Should I hand wash it?
I don't know. I have some Boss suits/shirts that been through 3 years of abuse and are still in my rotation. Boss staff is overpriced. But that doesn't mean that they are very low quality or "falling apart" after minor usage as a lot of member here claimed. IME, some of their stuff are still better than BR/JCrew.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AB01
I have a French cuff, Slim Fit, Easy Iron Hugo Boss Martin shirt that fits perfectly, and I get compliments. I like everything about it (except the price). Is the shirt going to explode? Should I hand wash it?

Boss shirts are so overpriced here. They seem good quality compared to the usual fare we get here, but I think 'why would I pay $200 for a Turkish Boss when I get MTM shirts for not much more, and I can choose my colour, fabric, collar, cut etc. etc?' Its a no-brainer.

Astan

Reaction score
i dunno i hate the stuff my dad really likes it though. but i think thats only for the popular name.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boss suits are crap and Boss Selection suits seem like the same thing with unfinished sleeves. However, I like the fabrics and slim cuts of their shirts and pants. They are often fairly easy to find at discount.

Baldessarini suits were made by Caruso but are not very easy to find.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
+1, hell I used to have a closet full of these things.
smile.gif

Me too - until I found SF...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads