• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo Boss is crapola

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Boss1982
I saw a black and white color HUGO label in online bloomies yes, but i didn't feel like paying for their shipping. I have a slim fit HUGO label shirt - it's a beautiful shirt with great fitting for me. I've wore it many times, I got it on sale from Barney's outlet in leesburg for less than 40$.
The bloomies in white flint mall, md has quite few Boss clothes. They used to carry Zegna too but they stopped recently.

I just picked up a red slim line boss shirt at Barney's outlet for $20. I was about to pick up a black Boss blazer but I'd had to spend $100 in alterations - so I skipped it.

Boss1982

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
I just picked up a red slim line boss shirt at Barney's outlet for $20. I was about to pick up a black Boss blazer but I'd had to spend $100 in alterations - so I skipped it.

Excellent deal, I may need to check that outlet for a few gifts I need to give out in about 2 weeks. I absolutely love the red label slim fit line (100% cotton?) I only own one shirt though, it's really good, and fits my body perfectly. I like the solid colors.

Boss1982

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
I paid $4 for a black label shirt. No complaints yet...

what the deuce? used?

beowolf

Reaction score
I have been lurking on this forum and this is my first post.

I have several boss suits that I got at a very deep discount and they have held up very well. I dont get the Boss hate, just seems like alot of snobbs and sheep on this forum. If you can get the suit cheap and it looks good on you, that is all that matters, especially in this economy. I own one Brioni and a RLPL suit and actually get more compliments on my boss suits when I wear them because of the way they fit my athletic body.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I became aware of Boss brand and logo I first thought it is some Turkish or Chinese gray market manufacturer that came up with such a marsupialed name.
To me it looked as ridiculous as wearing a shirt that says "Really tough guy".

I have a number of Baldessarini for Hugo Boss shirts and they are great(spalla camisa, no alteration required...), I like them better than my Kiton or Borrelli shirts. I also have one linen jacket. Boss is not bad if you stay away from their suits and buy at FB.
I paid $25 per shirt on sample sale a few years back.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beowolf

I have several boss suits that I got at a very deep discount and they have held up very well. I dont get the Boss hate, just seems like alot of snobbs and sheep on this forum. If you can get the suit cheap and it looks good on you, that is all that matters, especially in this economy. I own one Brioni and a RLPL suit and actually get more compliments on my boss suits when I wear them because of the way they fit my athletic body.

count me in as one of the snobs, i'll admit that
smile.gif

But on a serious note my experience with HB has been very poor, i bought a bunch of their slacks (black label) and they lasted no more then 6 months before then wouldnt hold a pressing to save their life.

I moved onto polo and RLBL and was impressed with the quality and how long they hold up by comparison.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beowolf

Aside from the desire to say something witty at someone's expense (like the Bose speaker comment earlier in this thread that I thought was quite funny), it seems to me that many members here come by their hatred of Boss from experience. Do a search of Hugo Boss threads and you will find a lot of comments on bad fusing, shoddy construction, etc. That said, so what! If the style fits you well and you haven't had problems with construction/workmanship then go for it.

rboman32

Reaction score
For me Boss is a great fit....the 44L jacket requires very few alterations and the cut is pretty slick...I have very long arms so Boss works for my frame very well...

But....this forum has taught me never to pay retail for the stuff....if I can get a couple sport coats for $100 each and suits for $200-$300 on sale...why the hell not!

Just stay away from the shoes!...some of the sweaters I have are decent...

Toorman

Reaction score
How Boss does it I don't know but I was at Barney's and a SA was recommending a 20 something suits from the sales rack. He had Lanvin, Zegna, Canali, etc. to choose from but was only interested in Boss and practically accused the SA of trying to take advantage of him stating, "everybody knows that Boss makes the best suits."

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ Along those lines... I think you have to consider that people are willing to pay money for the cut and styling, not just the quality of the garment.

The type of people and bodies they have (generalization), who are going to love boss (have money, somewhat flashy, athletic build, etc) aren't necessarily looking for something that will last them 10 years because they're going to abuse/use it anyway for a short while, look super fly, tell everyone they're wearing a Boss suit... that's all worth money to them, myself included. I would love to be wearing a nice kiton suit with an excellent price-quality ratio but it just doesn't fit me and make me look great. Some of Boss's cuts are great, and replicating them in MTM is hard.

I wouldn't pay full retail (but then again when would I ever), but I'm willing to shell out more then I should for the quality becuase of the cut/styling, and yes, some personal belief that it makes me feel good, probably a delusion becuase of their marketing (I recognize it but it's hard to get over)

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ Wow,,, that was a bit of a buzzkill... Lol, yes I looked it up after you said it and it's sort of true.
1. There are plenty of companies who got into bed with the Nazis and that's life.
2. Try being democratic in China... if you weren't part of the regime you were a deadman. Not everyone was a staunch supporter.
*keep in mind this is coming from a Jew too. Just saying. I'm not going to not buy 2009 HB because at one point they dressed German soldiers. That being said, it does make me think twice about why i like the look so much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads