• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Considering some white/off white jeans

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
Should have my Levi 514s tomorrow. Sister-in-law is coming to visit and the outlet is right next to her apartment. When I told her I wanted white jeans I had to use your line, Robert. "You did see "Quantum of Solace," right?" Of course, she still made fun. Who cares, so long as she brings the jeans!

Much of what I purchase carries the Daniel Craig/Bond seal of approval. If he wears a dress in the next one, I'm in trouble.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dammit, wrong thread

dinted voice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pylon
I guess it's hard to tell from the pictures but they don't look too terribly slim in the leg at all, to me. They look like (to me) any mall stores' typically baggy jeans. Maybe I'll actually go into their store and try on a pair. For the price, it would be a great bargain considering how rarely I would wear white denim.

I did a 29 in the waist, though I am normally a 30 and it made for a better fit, IMO without being too tight in the waist.

Edit: I actually tried them on again and bought them last night. The regular fit was quite slim for me, especially in the thighs. Going to the 29 waist made for a better fit and helped with the rise as well.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I did a 29 in the waist, though I am normally a 30 and it made for a better fit, IMO without being too tight in the waist. For me I don't want anything too slim because it is a fine line we are walking with white jeans.
smile.gif

If you even think of using the g word, I'll hunt you down.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I ended up returning the 501s and pickedu p some off white W+Hs from sho'nuff.
I bought the white W+H from sho'nuff today and it was this post that aroused my interest. I bought the size 30 since it was the smallest available and plan on getting them slimmed down. The hem and thigh measurements are a bit much on the size 30 so I plan on slimming the knee to 7.5" with a 7 inch hem instead of the present 8". Btw, he still have a few more sizes so if y'all are interested Pm him, he's a great guy.
smile.gif

dinted voice

Reaction score
No, I hate the way people throw that word around like a slur. I re-read my previous post and was hoping it didn't come across as that, though it may have.

Originally Posted by Robert
If you even think of using the g word, I'll hunt you down.

dinted voice

Reaction score
Almost apprehensive posting these here as you guys are supposedly harsher than your MC counter parts.

These are right out of the bag, and don't fit too bad IMO for a mall brand and $30. My main concern is the left leg and the amount of denim bunched at the bottom. To me, it is just on the verge of too much, but I am sure you may have differing opinions. (I think the poor angle adds to the effect)

001-8.jpg

And yes, Robert, I did steal your look....
smile.gif

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
Yeah, it looks like your right leg is a little longer than your left leg. Have your tailor fix that. Otherwise it's a great look if you ask me.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Almost apprehensive posting these here as you guys are supposedly harsher than your MC counter parts.

These are right out of the bag, and don't fit too bad IMO for a mall brand and $30. My main concern is the left leg and the amount of denim bunched at the bottom. To me, it is just on the verge of too much, but I am sure you may have differing opinions. (I think the poor angle adds to the effect)

001-8.jpg

And yes, Robert, I did steal your look....
smile.gif

My look is good on you, man.

Whose DBs? Clarks?

dinted voice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
My look is good on you, man.

Whose DBs? Clarks?

Actually the J.Crew Mcallister boot. We have a clearance store 5 minutes from my work that has a pretty good selection of current shoes at a pretty deep discount. These were $40. They also have a few chambray shirts from last season....mine is at the tailor but I really want to try it with these jeans.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Actually the J.Crew Mcallister boot. We have a clearance store 5 minutes from my work that has a pretty good selection of current shoes at a pretty deep discount. These were $40. They also have a few chambray shirts from last season....mine is at the tailor but I really want to try it with these jeans.

Nice. I'm hoping once my wife and I move back to civilization in a couple of months, places like J. Crew clearance stores will be closer to us. Yes, we're making the Great Escape from South Carolina. It's been 18 months in hell, but by April we'll be in Portland, Ore.

skiwebster

Reaction score
I bought a pair of white 501's back in october for a halloween costume. They have been sitting in my closet since then but after reading through this thread, I'm ready to pull them out and give them a spin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads