1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Considering some white/off white jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Jan 17, 2009.

1. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

69.50 color isnt exactly white...its called white cloud [​IMG] sale is going on right now

2. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

bought a pair...i wear 30 in apc ns and went w/ a tagged 33

ended up changing my mind and returning them to look for better white jeans

3. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Posted yesterday in WAYWT MC - pictures don't work on my work computer, so the picture might not show up. If not, I will try again tonight.

White Denim Take 2

Trying to get a feel for what I can put together with these new jeans, so I am wearing them while visiting the inlaws this afternoon.

The hat is a seersucker stripe pattern, but more grey than blue.

The clothes are there because the washer wouldn't spin to empty the water. Had to fish out all the clothes and hang outside while I fixed it!

Sorry for the butt shot of the dog....

I think I have found my spot to take pictures at from now on...I just need to get the sunlight/glare under control!

4. Icarium

Icarium Senior member

The levi's are good enough quality for what I paid imo. Given how white pants attract dirt, wearing something like white Somet's would make me scared to go out... 300$ is a little much. Dirty white trousers of any material look awful to me.

5. JKISSI

JKISSI Senior member

White jeans can make an outfit look flawless depends on how it's done though..

6. otc

otc Senior member

Posted yesterday in WAYWT MC - pictures don't work on my work computer, so the picture might not show up. If not, I will try again tonight.
    Your photos don't work. I was inspired however by the cheapness of the AE jeans (and my roommate had a 40% coupon with free shipping). I have a pair in the "straight" fit coming my way although I may need to exchange sizes locally. I went straight since it didnt talk about having the distressing of the ones you posted and having tried on the straight fit, I don't think my meaty thighs could fit into anything tighter. I made this decision after trying on the gap selvage white jeans and not really liking the fit...and the difference in price of $88 vs $18

7. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Tried on some white 501s yesterday. Looks better in person. It has the same issue as Dinted Voice's pair one side appears to have a longer inseam.[​IMG]

8. jet

jet Senior member

My white somets are for sale click my sig.

10 fr rise
    14 rr rise
    34 inch inseam

adamha won't respond to my pm [​IMG]

9. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

10. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Got a lot of wear out of my raw white Jap GAP jeans in Barbados last week. Seen here with Clark DBs and Fred Perry. Just put jeans through the wash today and some of the scuffs and little stains aren't coming out so well - I hope they look better when they dry!
    [​IMG]

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

Got a lot of wear out of my raw white Jap GAP jeans in Barbados last week. Seen here with Clark DBs and Fred Perry. Just put jeans through the wash today and some of the scuffs and little stains aren't coming out so well - I hope they look better when they dry!

Looks good. Have you tried presoaking? That's a sharp Perry polo, too. Are those chocolate suede boots? I've been hesitant to wear my dark Clarks DBs with my white jeans, opting instead to go with my khaki-colored Target knockoffs.

12. Stacks

Stacks Member

Are the NDG reverse Sanforized?

13. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Your photos don't work.

I was inspired however by the cheapness of the AE jeans (and my roommate had a 40% coupon with free shipping).

I have a pair in the "straight" fit coming my way although I may need to exchange sizes locally. I went straight since it didnt talk about having the distressing of the ones you posted and having tried on the straight fit, I don't think my meaty thighs could fit into anything tighter.

I made this decision after trying on the gap selvage white jeans and not really liking the fit...and the difference in price of $88 vs $18

Prob. a good call on the straight leg, as they are snug in the thigh for me as well. I can't even imagine getting into the slim leg.

Hope they work out for you!

14. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

What happened to Phat Guido's pics? [​IMG]

15. otc

otc Senior member

Prob. a good call on the straight leg, as they are snug in the thigh for me as well. I can't even imagine getting into the slim leg. Hope they work out for you!
    I got the AE straights, they are snug in the thigh but hopefully they will stretch a little bit...otherwise they fit well other than the fact that I don't find the lower rise super comfortable on me but...meh...it would feel wrong to have higher rise on the white jeans. I ended up with 32x34s but exchanged for 33x32 since I would probably wear them in sandals or barefoot on the beach and the length was too long (and the thighs were too tight so the extra inch helped a bit) The quality doesn't seem bad though I am going to use a seam ripper to take the distressed back pocket stitching off... All around not a bad deal for the $17 I paid

16. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

Selvage offering from Gap. http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=624551002 [​IMG]
    Those look great. Does anyone have any experience with sizing they'd like to share? Are they true to size and how much do they shrink?

17. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

^ True to size, shrink a lot after washing but stretch back after wearing.

18. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

19. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

^ True to size, shrink a lot after washing but stretch back after wearing.
    How much shrinkage in the length?

20. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

How much shrinkage in the length?
    Well, that's a little personal .... [​IMG] I s'pose the length shrinks as well, though I have not noticed it like the waist. If it does shrink, a la waist, it comes back after a few knee-bends. Anyway, I'd stay true to size on these (I think I posed earlier that I had to size-up, but on reflection I think my waist is now sized-up and the jeans are true to size). There were some nice looking white jeans on Gilt today for under $40 - but long gone by the time I saw them. EDIT: Also, it looks like white 514s are back, though in a twill http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...146845.3146857