• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Considering some white/off white jeans

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
Got a lot of wear out of my raw white *** GAP jeans in Barbados last week. Seen here with Clark DBs and Fred Perry. Just put jeans through the wash today and some of the scuffs and little stains aren't coming out so well - I hope they look better when they dry!

Looks good. Have you tried presoaking? That's a sharp Perry polo, too. Are those chocolate suede boots? I've been hesitant to wear my dark Clarks DBs with my white jeans, opting instead to go with my khaki-colored Target knockoffs.

dinted voice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Your photos don't work.

I was inspired however by the cheapness of the AE jeans (and my roommate had a 40% coupon with free shipping).

I have a pair in the "straight" fit coming my way although I may need to exchange sizes locally. I went straight since it didnt talk about having the distressing of the ones you posted and having tried on the straight fit, I don't think my meaty thighs could fit into anything tighter.

I made this decision after trying on the gap selvage white jeans and not really liking the fit...and the difference in price of $88 vs $18

Prob. a good call on the straight leg, as they are snug in the thigh for me as well. I can't even imagine getting into the slim leg.

Hope they work out for you!

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What happened to Phat Guido's pics?
frown.gif

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
Prob. a good call on the straight leg, as they are snug in the thigh for me as well. I can't even imagine getting into the slim leg. Hope they work out for you!
I got the AE straights, they are snug in the thigh but hopefully they will stretch a little bit...otherwise they fit well other than the fact that I don't find the lower rise super comfortable on me but...meh...it would feel wrong to have higher rise on the white jeans. I ended up with 32x34s but exchanged for 33x32 since I would probably wear them in sandals or barefoot on the beach and the length was too long (and the thighs were too tight so the extra inch helped a bit) The quality doesn't seem bad though I am going to use a seam ripper to take the distressed back pocket stitching off... All around not a bad deal for the $17 I paid

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
^ True to size, shrink a lot after washing but stretch back after wearing.
How much shrinkage in the length?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
How much shrinkage in the length?
Well, that's a little personal ....
blush.gif
I s'pose the length shrinks as well, though I have not noticed it like the waist. If it does shrink, a la waist, it comes back after a few knee-bends. Anyway, I'd stay true to size on these (I think I posed earlier that I had to size-up, but on reflection I think my waist is now sized-up and the jeans are true to size). There were some nice looking white jeans on Gilt today for under $40 - but long gone by the time I saw them. EDIT: Also, it looks like white 514s are back, though in a twill http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...146845.3146857

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
What happened to Phat Guido's pics?
frown.gif

- see my signature.. - some recent WAYWRN pics
L1090303.jpg
L1090190W.jpg
L1000246.jpg
L1090070.jpg
L1080840W.jpg
L1080845.jpg
- I picked up a pair of white light weight denim jeans from UNIQLO today, great fit with not so low rise & rear pockets where they should be (not low). Similar in fit to my HL! & CHEAP US$38
stuff.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
Does anyone have any experience with sizing they'd like to share? Are they true to size and how much do they shrink?

I just saw/tried these on today. IME, they werent true to size at all. The size 29 fit me best, so it was basically APC sized (size down 2-3). The fit was ok, not bad, a good straight fit cut

Bought the JCrew "vintage slim" white jeans the other week and surprisingly these really do fit fairly slim (not skinny) and the streaky white denim I think is more interesting looking than the white "japanese selvedge" that the Gap is using.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads