1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Considering some white/off white jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

Should have my Levi 514s tomorrow. Sister-in-law is coming to visit and the outlet is right next to her apartment. When I told her I wanted white jeans I had to use your line, Robert. "You did see "Quantum of Solace," right?" Of course, she still made fun. Who cares, so long as she brings the jeans!

Much of what I purchase carries the Daniel Craig/Bond seal of approval. If he wears a dress in the next one, I'm in trouble.

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

3. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

I guess it's hard to tell from the pictures but they don't look too terribly slim in the leg at all, to me. They look like (to me) any mall stores' typically baggy jeans. Maybe I'll actually go into their store and try on a pair. For the price, it would be a great bargain considering how rarely I would wear white denim.

I did a 29 in the waist, though I am normally a 30 and it made for a better fit, IMO without being too tight in the waist.

Edit: I actually tried them on again and bought them last night. The regular fit was quite slim for me, especially in the thighs. Going to the 29 waist made for a better fit and helped with the rise as well.

4. Robert

Robert Senior member

I did a 29 in the waist, though I am normally a 30 and it made for a better fit, IMO without being too tight in the waist. For me I don't want anything too slim because it is a fine line we are walking with white jeans. [​IMG]

If you even think of using the g word, I'll hunt you down.

5. rocks

rocks Senior member

I ended up returning the 501s and pickedu p some off white W+Hs from sho'nuff.
    I bought the white W+H from sho'nuff today and it was this post that aroused my interest. I bought the size 30 since it was the smallest available and plan on getting them slimmed down. The hem and thigh measurements are a bit much on the size 30 so I plan on slimming the knee to 7.5" with a 7 inch hem instead of the present 8". Btw, he still have a few more sizes so if y'all are interested Pm him, he's a great guy. [​IMG]

6. dinted voice

No, I hate the way people throw that word around like a slur. I re-read my previous post and was hoping it didn't come across as that, though it may have.

If you even think of using the g word, I'll hunt you down.

7. riwa1

riwa1 Senior member

diesel of miami on ebay has some thanaz white jeans. perhaps u might like it?

8. dinted voice

Almost apprehensive posting these here as you guys are supposedly harsher than your MC counter parts.

These are right out of the bag, and don't fit too bad IMO for a mall brand and $30. My main concern is the left leg and the amount of denim bunched at the bottom. To me, it is just on the verge of too much, but I am sure you may have differing opinions. (I think the poor angle adds to the effect)

[​IMG]

And yes, Robert, I did steal your look....[​IMG]

9. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

^^
    Yeah, it looks like your right leg is a little longer than your left leg. Have your tailor fix that. Otherwise it's a great look if you ask me.

10. Robert

Robert Senior member

Almost apprehensive posting these here as you guys are supposedly harsher than your MC counter parts.

These are right out of the bag, and don't fit too bad IMO for a mall brand and $30. My main concern is the left leg and the amount of denim bunched at the bottom. To me, it is just on the verge of too much, but I am sure you may have differing opinions. (I think the poor angle adds to the effect)

[​IMG]

And yes, Robert, I did steal your look....[​IMG]

My look is good on you, man.

Whose DBs? Clarks?

11. dinted voice

My look is good on you, man.

Whose DBs? Clarks?

Actually the J.Crew Mcallister boot. We have a clearance store 5 minutes from my work that has a pretty good selection of current shoes at a pretty deep discount. These were $40. They also have a few chambray shirts from last season....mine is at the tailor but I really want to try it with these jeans.

12. johnboy86

johnboy86 New Member

painter jeans! haha!

13. Robert

Robert Senior member

painter jeans! haha!

Great. Another loser newbie. Post reported.

14. Robert

Robert Senior member

Actually the J.Crew Mcallister boot. We have a clearance store 5 minutes from my work that has a pretty good selection of current shoes at a pretty deep discount. These were $40. They also have a few chambray shirts from last season....mine is at the tailor but I really want to try it with these jeans.

Nice. I'm hoping once my wife and I move back to civilization in a couple of months, places like J. Crew clearance stores will be closer to us. Yes, we're making the Great Escape from South Carolina. It's been 18 months in hell, but by April we'll be in Portland, Ore.

15. skiwebster

skiwebster Senior member

I bought a pair of white 501's back in october for a halloween costume. They have been sitting in my closet since then but after reading through this thread, I'm ready to pull them out and give them a spin.

16. dinted voice

I bought a pair of white 501's back in october for a halloween costume. They have been sitting in my closet since then but after reading through this thread, I'm ready to pull them out and give them a spin.

What was the costume?

17. skiwebster

skiwebster Senior member

What was the costume?

[​IMG]

18. johnboy86

johnboy86 New Member

Great. Another loser newbie. Post reported.

calm down fella it's just an opinion. i don't like white jeans. you like white jeans.

can't we all have opinions?

19. Icarium

Icarium Senior member

Picked up some white 511's at the levi's store today. I really like them for the price. My usual, snug size was a little too skinny, so i went up one. They fit really similar to an APC NS (if NS was low-rise) at my normal size. They are just about perfect for <100$ jeans imo. The white isn't overly white either. It is closer to an off-white than an optical white.

I also tried on 501's, and they are effing huge on me.

For reference, I'm 5'10" and 140 lbs.

20. KimboIsLegit

KimboIsLegit Member

Picked up some white 511's at the levi's store today. I really like them for the price. My usual, snug size was a little too skinny, so i went up one. They fit really similar to an APC NS (if NS was low-rise) at my normal size. They are just about perfect for <100$ jeans imo. The white isn't overly white either. It is closer to an off-white than an optical white.

I also tried on 501's, and they are effing huge on me.

For reference, I'm 5'10" and 140 lbs.

How much are they at the Levi's stores? Can you post pics also if possible, thinking about getting a pair of white 511s.