• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KaiserSose
Also, I know these are made in America, but what does that really mean? Couldn't they be hiring unskilled Mexican's (not that they are) to do the sewing / construction? I guess this question goes for all made in America clothing.

It doesn't mean much other than that they've made a commitment to manufacturing in America -- which should be commended but, really doesn't speak to the quality of the garment. I was just joking around because whenever there's a "debate" on here about this brand, rather than supporters just saying "I like their style and fit, I don't really care what it costs" people defend the brand like they work there for being "Made In the USA" as if it was made in Ethiopia and still fit and was marketed the same, they wouldn't still hand over their cash for it.

...and I like BoO. I have many of their shirts and have paid retail every time.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
lol, I wasn't trying to hate on BoO (I actually don't understand all the hate). I guess I should have included the second question in another thread because it really wasn't specific to BoO at all and now noone is going to answer what I really wanted to know.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
again Uniqlo XS is a good alternative, I have about 4 XS Uniqlo button downs.

Although, I am ready to replace them with 1 or 2 nice Boo shirts; I'd much rather have 1 or 2 shirts that I completely adore than 4 or so mediocre shirts.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Kaiser- After looking at your profile and seeing your jacket size is 40, i'll let you in on a secret. BoO is nice stuff. I'd keep an eye out for it around sales time. If you somehow drop to a size small-real slim medium, BoO becomes ****** again

How so? I'm a small-real slim medium and BoO works out pretty well.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kaiser- After looking at your profile and seeing your jacket size is 40, i'll let you in on a secret. BoO is nice stuff. I'd keep an eye out for it around sales time. If you somehow drop to a size small-real slim medium, BoO becomes ****** again

Originally Posted by keykoo
How so? I'm a small-real slim medium and BoO works out pretty well.

Originally Posted by KaiserSose
I think he is just being a dick.

Chill out guys, chrono is just joking that if you were the same size as him, he wouldn't want you buying BoO on sale because then there would be any left for him.

8bpc

Reaction score
37 inch chest, fit in Jcrew/BR slim fit small - what size BoO should I look for?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 8bpc
37 inch chest, fit in Jcrew/BR slim fit small - what size BoO should I look for?
Small or Medium depending on how close you want to cut things. I have a 38" chest and I'm medium.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're lucky I'll be out of town on the 16th... even though you're my brother, I'd have no qualms about stepping on your fingers to get to the Smalls.

smack.gif

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random: So on Band's website they have all the polaroids. One of them is of Christain Bale wearing a BoO shirt. What the hell size does he wear? I mean, I have to wear an XXL and I'm not THAT big. This dude is effing Batman. I'm surprised he was even able to button it up.

Unless the picture was taken while he was filming The Machinist. *shudder*

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 39.5&quot; chest, would I be a BoO large? J Crew mediums are too big (wide in the body) for my taste and I prefer shirts a little slimmer than H&amp;M mediums in slim fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads