1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Band of Outsiders

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caveat, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I'm about the same as you. 6'1 and 185. XL in BoO.

x3

I'm 6" 185lbs and wear an XL in BoO and it is form fitting but not nearly too tight.

2. bdr3

bdr3 Senior member

Anyone have info on the BoO cotton poplin baseball jacket? Looking to purchase one, but unsure when they usually get shipped/become available. Thanks

I have one. I'm not sure what info you are looking for. Mine retailed at ~$400. I take an XL in the shirts but went for a large in the jacket. It is unlined and fairly lightweight. SS09 has started shipping so I imagine it will show up soon. Cheers.

3. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

anyone know if this seasons batiste overdyes fit as snug as last seasons overdyes?

4. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

Can anyone comment on the sizing of their suits and outerwear compared to their shirts? Just in case Gilt has something that requires trigger pulling

If I'm normally a 38, would I be the same in BoO. and jackets?

5. KA1555

KA1555 Senior member

if I think the J.Crew and Ralph Lauren Slim Fit oxfords aren't slim enough in a small for me (I mean, I manage, and they still look decent, but I could use a slimmer shirt), should I go for a small in Band of Outsiders?

Likewise, I'm generally a 36s in suits, but in slim fitting ones, I'm typically a 38s, for example - I own a Hickey suit that's a 38s, and I'm a 38s in Ralph Lauren Black Label.

What would I be in Band of Outsiders?

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

A small in BoO is a 36in chest, a medium being a 38in chest if that helps any

7. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

does that directly correspond to the pit to pit measurement? 38in chest = 19 pit to pit?

A small in BoO is a 36in chest, a medium being a 38in chest if that helps any

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

KA- You're probably about my size either a small or medium depending on how the shirt fits (some slightly different). I have measurements posted in a few threads including the BoO small that i sold a week ago.

9. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

does that directly correspond to the pit to pit measurement? 38in chest = 19 pit to pit?

I think I saw somewhere (Context?) that a medium shirt was 18 and a L was 18.5 pit to pit.

10. poodlerock

poodlerock Senior member

If there's anyone who's not planning to throw his hat into the ring tomorrow but who would be interested in "proxying" for me please let me know:

I will be on Gilt promptly at noon ET for the Band of Outsiders sale, but am looking for someone else to help me in case I get shut out. I'll pay a 10% proxy fee to any kind soul willing to do this (and I can Paypal you for any goods you land within 5 minutes of receiving an invoice from you).

Please PM me today (Sunday) or early Monday if interested so I can get my strategy lined up. Thanks!

11. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Also guys, if the shirt doesnt fit, you can always return it or sell it on the B&S. I have a feeling that there will be a huge influx of B&S when people realize that BoO just isnt for everyone. Then I will cop.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

and i will double cop [​IMG]

13. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

I think I saw somewhere (Context?) that a medium shirt was 18 and a L was 18.5 pit to pit.

I wear 38/39 in most shirts and I'm a Medium in BoO. Small is wayyyy too small for me everywhere.

14. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Senior member

I'm still not sure which camp is more annoying the;

I also have a hard time discerning who with the "just go to J. Crew and a tailor" responses is serious and who is in on the joke.

I am not in on the joke [​IMG] Anyone care to explain this?

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

My XS measures 17in pit to pit and the small that I tried on felt like a true 36 so I'm pretty sure that they go up 1in pit to pit per size

16. cjl2g

cjl2g Senior member

im really sorry if this has been asked already (i tried skimming through already)
    but what size BoO should i get if i am around 5'8 and weight 133-138 ish if i want a slim but not super tight fit?
    what size for shirts and what size for jackets?
    also how do the pants run?

im hoping they have some boots tomorrow [​IMG]
    thanks

17. whodini

whodini Senior member

im really sorry if this has been asked already (i tried skimming through already)
    but what size BoO should i get if i am around 5'8 and weight 133-138 ish if i want a slim but not super tight fit?
    what size for shirts and what size for jackets?
    also how do the pants run?

im hoping they have some boots tomorrow [​IMG]
    thanks

It'd help to know what size you normally wear and what your chest size is.

18. akaidiot

akaidiot Senior member

Band of Outsiders had their Fashion Week show (or presentation) earlier today. I hope I'm not shitting up the thread by posting them here. These are from racked.com; not always completely in focus, but good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I like that sweater and that jacket a lot. I don't know about the matching shirt & tie, though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They showed the women's line, Boy, too, and they used Fatima from Top Model a few seasons back. I loved Fatima because she was an aggressively secular woman from a very religious background. Up the secular humanists!

[​IMG]

19. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Band of Outsiders had their Fashion Week show (or presentation) earlier today. I hope I'm not shitting up the thread by posting them here.

Au contraire. You just made this thread worth reading. I like the orange blazer in the third picture.

20. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

i always like band of outsiders fall/winter better than their spring/summer. Cropped pants look good.