• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonB27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amlai
They won't be branded as a SuFuxLS boot (due to lack of interest), but the last I heard (12/13), the perforated toe version is still being made. Only 2 people expressed interest in the plain toe version so that version isn't getting made. I'm not sure when he's finalizing the order, but I'm guessing it'll be soon.

Yes... the new SuFu is a real eyesore... but I'm addicted enough to that thread that I keep going back.

Nice, thanks for the response... I ordered the perf ones so thats good news!

jos1980

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get Alden Indy's in Canada? I really want to buy a pair, but i can't seem to find any stores that carry them. Anyone have any ideas?

Morgan

Reaction score
Time for me to contribute.

Wingtips in #8 on the Grant last:
IMG_0466.jpg

High boots in #8 from Alden of Carmel (AF53), either Modified or Barrie last (not sure):
IMG_0467.jpg

Longwings from Alden of Carmel (AF21) in Whiskey on the Barrie Last:
IMG_0468.jpg

Plaintoe bluchers in Whiskey on the Barrie last:
IMG_0469.jpg

gdc_2008

Reaction score
I was all set to buy a pair of regular 405s...then found that I am going to be in a suit most days...now I'm trying to figure out if I I'll look too much of a dork getting the cordovan ones from Alden of Carmel....

JonB27

Reaction score
^^ The AF53's from Alden of carmel are on the tru-balance last

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdc_2008
I was all set to buy a pair of regular 405s...then found that I am going to be in a suit most days...now I'm trying to figure out if I I'll look too much of a dork getting the cordovan ones from Alden of Carmel....

Definitely get cordovan Indys.
But I wouldn't wear any Indy with a suit.

gdc_2008

Reaction score
yeah, don't think the indy would go with a suit....so maybe regular indys and then something nicer for the suit...damn clothes.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a pair of the surgeon boots?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crap, I was thinking of something else. Now I need to remember. Leather Soul Hawaii had them for a bit last year.

wmb

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the whiskey shade will be released for spring? Is this a color that comes out seasonally or just when Horween has the supply? The shoes I saw in this color last summer seem to be unavailable...

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmb
Does anyone know if the whiskey shade will be released for spring? Is this a color that comes out seasonally or just when Horween has the supply? The shoes I saw in this color last summer seem to be unavailable...
It depends on what you are looking for. I have seen a fair amount of Whiskey but nothing in a wing tip which is what I want. I purchased a pair of Alden Plain Toe Blucher Oxford on the Barrie last in Whiskey shell from Alden in DC lat week. You can call and speak with Joe. He was beyond (<-oops! I mean in a good way!) helpful.
smile.gif

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
My 2pr, Leisure Handsewn and Indy in shell:

aldenindy1.jpg

Quoted again for beauty.

wmb

Reaction score
regarding the whiskey shade, I would love some longwings too. Or cap or plain toe high boots if they were ever done in that color...

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmb
regarding the whiskey shade, I would love some longwings too. Or cap or plain toe high boots if they were ever done in that color...
I hope to see some Longwings at some point. There is a dude selling some for $1,200 but they have not sold and I assume will not sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads