• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Some random img's that I have in my photobucket acount.
alden_boots.jpg
alden_flex_wingtip_boots_2-.jpg
alden_boots_top_view.jpg
alden_sf_boots_1.jpg
alden_wingtip_boots_8.jpg
alden_indies_2-1.jpg
alden_indies_3.jpg
alden_wingtip_boots_pair.jpg
alden_wingtipboots_barrie_3.jpg
alden_wingtip_boots_tan_2.jpg
alden_wingtip_boots_tan_3.jpg
alden_wingtip_boots_shell_1.jpg
alden_bluchers_plaza.jpg
alden_chukka_plaza.jpg
alden_longwings_1.jpg
8boots_1.jpg
blackboots_1.jpg
alden_wingtips_flex_welt-1.jpg

If those are all yours...well, then **** you. Do they carry all of those lasts downtown or did you get them online? I have some Christmas money coming and don't want to spend it at blackbird, barney's or on bills.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly JD, from what I have seen from your WAYWT I couldnt picture you an indy guy.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wheres a decent place to buy aldens? don't say leathersoul because they've been nothing but super rude for no reason. i think they either speak broken english or have too many different people answering the e-mail's.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
If those are all yours...well, then **** you. Do they carry all of those lasts downtown or did you get them online? I have some Christmas money coming and don't want to spend it at blackbird, barney's or on bills.
Several of those are from J. Gilbert. They have a decent and growing selection, and more will be on the way within the next couple of months.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Honestly JD, from what I have seen from your WAYWT I couldnt picture you an indy guy.
Eh, I wear different things in different seasons... my waywts have been focussed on city stuff lately. I'd just like to see those indys once weather has taken its toll on them for a few years.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. The more modern/city fits were exactly what I was talking about. AF 60s would be great for your city fits.

JonB27

Reaction score
I contacted Tom at leather souls to purchase the vintage indy's but he said my size was sold out, you may want to contact him and get on the pre-order list since he will get another batch.

JonB27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
wheres a decent place to buy aldens? don't say leathersoul because they've been nothing but super rude for no reason. i think they either speak broken english or have too many different people answering the e-mail's.

Wow I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with them.... Alden-of-carmel.com, TheShoeMart.com are both good choices... Or New York and Frisco have stores.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on three pairs of Aldens: the two I noted from Robin's collection and these (minus the blue laces) from Leathersoul:

1r3pu9.jpg

For less than $1200 total for three I find them reasonably priced compared to some of the **** out there. Assuming of course that I can get them in person or proxied. I'm not paying $400 for shipping.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ how do you figure $1200?
Leather Soul Ultimate Indy and suede Indy are $450 each.
The Alden of Carmel tan wing tip is $435.

Leather Soul doesn't charge much for shipping to the mainland at least.
About what you'd pay in sales tax if you bought in person in Honolulu.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, $1300 ish. I was mistaking Alden's price of $320 for their Indy version for LSH.

As for shipping, again I was mistaken: taking Aldenshop's $135 for shipping a pair to Canada. Which is now a mute point since I've come to realize that Aldenshop doesn't carry any of those models.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonB27
Wow I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with them.... Alden-of-carmel.com, TheShoeMart.com are both good choices... Or New York and Frisco have stores.

thanks jonb27 i've looked at alden-of-carmel i'll check out shoemart. serious though i think i'm talking to someone who is rude because the person i talked to before said they would gladly take paypal and that the deadline for this particular shoe was july 2009. now this other person says they never ever took paypal and the deadline for the shoe already passed.

i don't want anything to do with leathersoul anymore after all that. they must be doing really good in the economy to talk to people like that.

skiwebster

Reaction score
+1 on alden of carmel and J. Gilbert. A of C was sold out of the boots I wanted but J Gilbert had them in stock and shipped them out immediately. Nothing but pleasant exchanges with either store.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of shoes I have owned. I only own 2 Aldens right now though, the monk 954 and captoe 911.

dsc04977.jpg

dsc04963.jpg

904 (may be an outdated model code)
dsc05538.jpg

alden911.jpg

4060, 2160, 954
alden_cordo_lineup2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads