***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hossoso

hossoso Coward and P*ssy

Some random img's that I have in my photobucket acount. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    If those are all yours...well, then fuck you. Do they carry all of those lasts downtown or did you get them online? I have some Christmas money coming and don't want to spend it at blackbird, barney's or on bills.

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Been toying with the notion of some indys for a while, but not, so far, able to make the investment. The vintage indy from leather soul looks like the one I would want.

3. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Honestly JD, from what I have seen from your WAYWT I couldnt picture you an indy guy.

4. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

wheres a decent place to buy aldens? don't say leathersoul because they've been nothing but super rude for no reason. i think they either speak broken english or have too many different people answering the e-mail's.

5. robin

robin Senior member

If those are all yours...well, then fuck you. Do they carry all of those lasts downtown or did you get them online? I have some Christmas money coming and don't want to spend it at blackbird, barney's or on bills.
    Several of those are from J. Gilbert. They have a decent and growing selection, and more will be on the way within the next couple of months.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Honestly JD, from what I have seen from your WAYWT I couldnt picture you an indy guy.
    Eh, I wear different things in different seasons... my waywts have been focussed on city stuff lately. I'd just like to see those indys once weather has taken its toll on them for a few years.

7. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Yep. The more modern/city fits were exactly what I was talking about. AF 60s would be great for your city fits.

8. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

I contacted Tom at leather souls to purchase the vintage indy's but he said my size was sold out, you may want to contact him and get on the pre-order list since he will get another batch.

9. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

wheres a decent place to buy aldens? don't say leathersoul because they've been nothing but super rude for no reason. i think they either speak broken english or have too many different people answering the e-mail's.

Wow I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with them.... Alden-of-carmel.com, TheShoeMart.com are both good choices... Or New York and Frisco have stores.

10. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on three pairs of Aldens: the two I noted from Robin's collection and these (minus the blue laces) from Leathersoul:

[​IMG]

For less than $1200 total for three I find them reasonably priced compared to some of the shit out there. Assuming of course that I can get them in person or proxied. I'm not paying $400 for shipping.

11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

^^^ how do you figure $1200?
    Leather Soul Ultimate Indy and suede Indy are $450 each.
    The Alden of Carmel tan wing tip is $435.

Leather Soul doesn't charge much for shipping to the mainland at least.
    About what you'd pay in sales tax if you bought in person in Honolulu.

12. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Ok, $1300 ish. I was mistaking Alden's price of $320 for their Indy version for LSH.

As for shipping, again I was mistaken: taking Aldenshop's $135 for shipping a pair to Canada. Which is now a mute point since I've come to realize that Aldenshop doesn't carry any of those models.

13. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Wow I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with them.... Alden-of-carmel.com, TheShoeMart.com are both good choices... Or New York and Frisco have stores.

thanks jonb27 i've looked at alden-of-carmel i'll check out shoemart. serious though i think i'm talking to someone who is rude because the person i talked to before said they would gladly take paypal and that the deadline for this particular shoe was july 2009. now this other person says they never ever took paypal and the deadline for the shoe already passed.

i don't want anything to do with leathersoul anymore after all that. they must be doing really good in the economy to talk to people like that.

14. skiwebster

skiwebster Senior member

+1 on alden of carmel and J. Gilbert. A of C was sold out of the boots I wanted but J Gilbert had them in stock and shipped them out immediately. Nothing but pleasant exchanges with either store.

15. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Here are a few pics of shoes I have owned. I only own 2 Aldens right now though, the monk 954 and captoe 911.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

904 (may be an outdated model code)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4060, 2160, 954
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.