• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing RJB - Real Japan Blues

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
RJB - Real Japan Blues
Finally restocked and new shirts added, RJB.
We're nuts here for anything that goes above and beyond the normal scope of
what is expected out of garment design and manufacturing. A brand that goes to psychotic lengths to bring us something different always gets our attention.
This is why we've chosen to bring in RJB, Real Japan Blues, into Self Edge.
Starting with three button-down western style shirts, we're proud to introduce
RJB into the Self Edge family of Japanese lines.

These shirts are on another level of production and attention to detail than what we're even used to here at Self Edge.

Please check our online store for more information, specs, and pricing regarding RJB:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...c6d39f06fc1243

DSC01501-1-730535.jpg

_MG_7254-765736.jpg

_MG_7260-788789.jpg

_MG_7258-765780.jpg

_MG_7269-788816.jpg

_MG_7273-732932.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
x-post from super denim confessional...

So...
I've started wearing a new pair of jeans as of last friday..
A pair of Real Japan Blues jeans.. I feel like the first time i wore a pair of Flat Head's 3XXX denim jeans, where i'm watching it fade as every day goes by, and the color is so intense and the fading is coming through so quickly that's almost surreal.
It's weird, because i've only seen this type of fading on Flat Head's denim, but this denim from Real Japan Blues is completely different than FH's 3XXX denim.
It's exciting to be releasing something with a denim that looks this promising that very few people have any experience with..

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MortyGras
Kiya, can you throw in some info about the jeans?
Zimbabwe cotton like their shirts? Price? Slubbines? Weft colour? Cut?

Zimbabwe long fiber cotton that's been open end brushed, so it's quite soft once worn for a few months.. Pure indigo dyed... 100% cotton thread.... The denim is quite dark at first... once soaked it becomes SUPER hairy, almost more hair than Flat Head's 3XXX denim.. Weft is a natural light color..
The 106 is a slim model with a straight leg and a zipper fly, the 105 is a classic straight leg fit with a button fly. Both come with argyle black leather patches and the RJB logo embroidered onto the top left side of the right pocket.

Why am i explaining this?
Why don't i just take a photo.. where's sid?

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont know whether to get these, the sufu x db x se, or the se x tw jeans..

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The RJB Kasuri Shirts

This is Japanese garment obsession at it's best here...

Kasuri (çµ£) is a Japanese textile technique that literally means "splashed pattern".
The Kasuri technique is done in the warp or weft or both threads. The threads are covered with paper, or plastic or any other material that will resist the dye then the dye is pressed into the threads by hand creating a very uneven dye pattern. Thus the warp or weft threads are dyed in patterns or designs before the threads are woven.

The the irregularities in the dyeing of the threads can identify this technique. Indigo dye is used for kasuri as well as pigment dyes and discharge techniques, such as what is used on this shirt by Real Japan Blues. This weaving and dye technique is very labor intensive and unfortunately, in today's Japan, only a few elderly weavers of this technique continue their textile artistry.

On the Black shirt the red print is from a Kasuri pattern while the white lines are painted on by hand with a discharge "ink" and on the Red shirt the black lines are from the Kasuri weave and the white lines are painted on by hand. Yes, we said painted on, by hand. Every line is a brushstroke.

These are now available in-store and in our online store along with a restock of the RJB Denim Shirts (with the silk weft). Check the online store for more specs, photos, and measurements. Jeans by this same brand will also be available December 20th, more information coming...
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...83a2262ed9c30d

rjb_black_01_web-792595.jpg

rjb_red_01_web-774098.jpg

rjb_black_04_web-774022.jpg

rjb_black_05_web-708753.jpg

rjb_red_04_web-708661.jpg

rjb_red_05_web-735873.jpg

rjb_red_03_web-735799.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics