• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'11" 145 and usually take a small in J. Crew. However since Wayne's in the army I'm willing to bet he is fairly lean and muscular, probably the equivalent of a 120 or 125lb normal guy, so I don't see it as a stretch.

mikejones

Reaction score
From their sizing chart, a small is for a 35" chest, so you're 6 '1 180 and able to fit a "small"
wow.gif
? What is your waist/chest size? That seems to defy the laws of physics...
We're talking about the sweaters though, which fit baggy.
The merino cardigans are true to fit, I believe. Are you referring to other styles?

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
I'm 5'11" 145 and usually take a small in J. Crew. However since Wayne's in the army I'm willing to bet he is fairly lean and muscular, probably the equivalent of a 120 or 125lb normal guy, so I don't see it as a stretch.

I have a 36.5" chest and a 31" waist if that helps. Plus - as with all sweaters - there is give. But as I have said even the XS has room around the waist and abdomen. The only issue is see is for taller people the armpit of the sweater may ride up into your a bit which happens with me. To avoid that I just tug up on the arms a bit.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by extempore
By jove, many of you are small.

To be fair, while they've gotten their design has stepped up, J. Crew still runs their sizes like a mall brand. I'm a medium in most brands discussed here but can easily wear a small to x-small in J. Crew depending on the item.

bsblguy31

Reaction score
Just an FYI...through Wednesday enter EXTRA30 at checkout and save an additonal 30% off all sale items. Some very nice stuff on there for the price.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsblguy31
Just an FYI...through Wednesday enter EXTRA30 at checkout and save an additonal 30% off all sale items. Some very nice stuff on there for the price.

Thank you for sale notice. I just did all my xmas shopping on the internetz in my pjs. Yea, I'm a lazy azz.

gdc_2008

Reaction score
Between the lady and myself we dropped $800 (after discounts) on some stuff last week. Hopefully the stuff will work out (online purchase), as the last time I bought some shirts they ended up too large.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clyde099
Are the waxed canvas duck boots warm enough for a Chicago winter?
I love the look of those boots but they're canvas, look outside right now and think about how much worse it gets from here and that should give you your answer!
laugh.gif
Maybe I'm wrong though, I haven't tried on those boots and I always need one more layer than the average person does.

cottonadam

Reaction score
Can anyone clear up the sizing of Jcrew sweaters and shirts for me? I have a Gap sweater size small which fits me fine, but according to Jcrew sizing I'm a size medium. For reference I have a Flathead flannel size 40 and a Selfedge western shirt size medium which fit me as well. I'm also 5'7 155lbs.

Thanks in advance

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads