Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by constant struggle, Oct 24, 2008.

1. xchen

xchen Senior member

I'm 5'11" 145 and usually take a small in J. Crew. However since Wayne's in the army I'm willing to bet he is fairly lean and muscular, probably the equivalent of a 120 or 125lb normal guy, so I don't see it as a stretch.

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

We're talking about the sweaters though, which fit baggy.

3. mikejones

mikejones Senior member

From their sizing chart, a small is for a 35" chest, so you're 6 '1 180 and able to fit a "small" [​IMG] ? What is your waist/chest size? That seems to defy the laws of physics...
    The merino cardigans are true to fit, I believe. Are you referring to other styles?

4. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

^^^that's pretty strange...

i am 6'0'' 145 lbs. and i wear a small in the shirts, but i had to buy mediums for the lambswool sweaters. the chest is a tiny bit baggy, but it still looks great and the sleeves fit perfectly.

5. WayneGibbous

WayneGibbous Senior member

I'm 5'11" 145 and usually take a small in J. Crew. However since Wayne's in the army I'm willing to bet he is fairly lean and muscular, probably the equivalent of a 120 or 125lb normal guy, so I don't see it as a stretch.

I have a 36.5" chest and a 31" waist if that helps. Plus - as with all sweaters - there is give. But as I have said even the XS has room around the waist and abdomen. The only issue is see is for taller people the armpit of the sweater may ride up into your a bit which happens with me. To avoid that I just tug up on the arms a bit.

6. extempore

extempore Well-Known Member

By jove, many of you are small.

7. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Agreed. I The medium is just about right for me, unless I want faux BoO fit.

8. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

To be fair, while they've gotten their design has stepped up, J. Crew still runs their sizes like a mall brand. I'm a medium in most brands discussed here but can easily wear a small to x-small in J. Crew depending on the item.

9. bsblguy31

bsblguy31 Well-Known Member

Just an FYI...through Wednesday enter EXTRA30 at checkout and save an additonal 30% off all sale items. Some very nice stuff on there for the price.

10. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Just an FYI...through Wednesday enter EXTRA30 at checkout and save an additonal 30% off all sale items. Some very nice stuff on there for the price.

Thank you for sale notice. I just did all my xmas shopping on the internetz in my pjs. Yea, I'm a lazy azz.

11. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Some very good deals with their sales. I ended up doing a lot of Christmas shopping with J.Crew at 75% off. Now I hope it all fits, so they won't see how little I had to spend!

12. Clyde099

Clyde099 Well-Known Member

Are the waxed canvas duck boots warm enough for a Chicago winter?

13. gdc_2008

gdc_2008 Senior member

Between the lady and myself we dropped $800 (after discounts) on some stuff last week. Hopefully the stuff will work out (online purchase), as the last time I bought some shirts they ended up too large.

14. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

Are the waxed canvas duck boots warm enough for a Chicago winter?
    I love the look of those boots but they're canvas, look outside right now and think about how much worse it gets from here and that should give you your answer! [​IMG] Maybe I'm wrong though, I haven't tried on those boots and I always need one more layer than the average person does.

15. cottonadam

cottonadam Well-Known Member

Can anyone clear up the sizing of Jcrew sweaters and shirts for me? I have a Gap sweater size small which fits me fine, but according to Jcrew sizing I'm a size medium. For reference I have a Flathead flannel size 40 and a Selfedge western shirt size medium which fit me as well. I'm also 5'7 155lbs.

Thanks in advance