• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should You Marry Someone Your Age or Someone Much Younger?

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
I think more important than aging is just preventing flabby upper arms. I can't stand those. I notice them more and more lately too
plain.gif

Amen brother, one of my true pet peeves on women. Seinfeld-type deal breaker, as extreme as that may sound...

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
I'm not gonna lie, I've thought about "aging" and wonder if I will cast my eye towards a "nubile, young thing" when I get older. I've seen it happen lots around me with my parents friends and with society in general.

However, I'm not going to give up a great thing for what could be. Our sex life is great, she's intelligent so we can talk (even if we have different interests), she treats me well, isn't materialistic and she's a looker. She isn't perfect but neither am I. There is way more good than bad in our relationship and it's not worth all of that just to have a younger woman.

Sounds great, congratulations
smile.gif

Sounds like a very mature relationship. I guess I have a problem, because it's hard for me imagine myself NOT really wanting the hot 25 year old when I'm 45. I guess most of the time it's not a problem if you are 45 and don't have money or look like george clooney.
tounge.gif

But what do I know?

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
I guess most of the time it's not a problem if you are 45 and don't have money or look like george clooney.
tounge.gif

Aren't you in medical school? One of the guys in my class said his friend said his dick turned to gold when he got his M.D. lol

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to look up Leykis 101. This tells you all you need to know. Dont marry, period.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
This is a personal decision, but women age faster than men, and most men date girls 1, maybe 2 years younger than them while in college.

You make two very interesting assumptions here. The first is based purely on opinion. I've seen many men who have aged much faster than women their age.

The second should be based on data. What makes you think "most men" date women younger than them in college?

How about marrying someone you love so that when her **** sag you don't care? And likewise, when ********* goes limp she doesn't care. It's a thought.

b

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
You make two very interesting assumptions here. The first is based purely on opinion. I've seen many men who have aged much faster than women their age. The second should be based on data. What makes you think "most men" date women younger than them in college? How about marrying someone you love so that when her **** sag you don't care? And likewise, when ********* goes limp she doesn't care. It's a thought. b
*******'s gonna go limp? Goddamn it.
frown.gif

jimbo123

Reaction score
Something interesting... they say that women reach their sexual peak in their 30s and men reach their sexual peak in their early 20's. That said I've always loved the idea of getting it on with a lovely nubile teen.

I wish I could marry someone in her teens, someone in her twenties (my age) and someone in her 30's.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I am 22, my fiance is 26.

I believe as long as two well adjusted adults are entering a relationship together age is somewhat irrelevant.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
I'm pretty sure you will be the only one who notices.
Yeah, but I'll notice between one and eight times a day...
smile.gif

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Yeah, but I'll notice between one and eight times a day...
smile.gif

Damn, that's a lot. Most was 5 for me.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Aren't you in medical school? One of the guys in my class said his friend said his dick turned to gold when he got his M.D. lol

It's true. My friend is in residency right now and he says it started when he was in his final year of med school. He has to beat girls away with a stick and they get really weird with him. Every girl he dates wants to marry him basically.

Originally Posted by rdawson808
You make two very interesting assumptions here. The first is based purely on opinion. I've seen many men who have aged much faster than women their age.

The second should be based on data. What makes you think "most men" date women younger than them in college?

How about marrying someone you love so that when her **** sag you don't care? And likewise, when ********* goes limp she doesn't care. It's a thought.

b

No.

Seriously, I'm marrying as young as i can. I go by the 1/2 +7 rule. It's just one of several guidelines though. I'm absolutely paranoid about having a wife that turns fat on me. Sex with fat chicks is my Room 101.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
It's true. My friend is in residency right now and he says it started when he was in his final year of med school. He has to beat girls away with a stick and they get really weird with him. Every girl he dates wants to marry him basically.
Cha-ching!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads