• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
B.Son

photo26530.jpg

I thought no one could buy this anymore since Kodiak owns it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ringo
How does the sizing run on JS shoes? I tried on a pair of loafers a year or so ago and recall having to size down. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out what my size would be (normally a US 9.5 or 10) would be, as they only had sizes that were way too small or too big.

Just get 1 size smaller than your U.S. shoe size.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
Are you sure? As far as I know, Jil does all their manufacturing in Italy in house. They have their own factories even for suits and shoes. Church's used to manufacture their shoes but it is now in house except for the handmade lines which is done by Lattanzi. Maybe the MIJ was before?
I agree. I've only seen jeans that were Made in Japan, as well. All the shirts I've had, from WAY back when Jil designed through Prada, were made in Italy. In the old days, some leather goods and items were made in Germany, but I've not seen much Japan-made stuff outside of denim (and most of that was in s/s 05 and thereafter, when Jil came back). As for shoes, when Prada had them, they made them in their facilities, and then when raf took over, they started to produce a few models with Church's. Now, as you mentioned, I'm assuming it's all in-house (except the Lattanzi ones).

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I have Made in Japan jeans from Jil Sander

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ringo
In your case, is the 9.5 the size on the shoe/box (UK size, if I remember correctly), or the "US equivalent" size, i.e. UK 8.5/US 9.5? Hopefully that makes sense....

If you are a US 11 you are probably a 9.5 in JS. 1.5 is the way to go. Sizing down just 1 might still leave them a bit big for a lot of their shoes.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jeans are now also made in Italy. Fabric is produced in japan and then sent of to italy...

herzzreh

Reaction score
Argh... I broke down and got me a pair of hi-top Chucks...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
If you are a US 11 you are probably a 9.5 in JS. 1.5 is the way to go. Sizing down just 1 might still leave them a bit big for a lot of their shoes.

In 6-7 pairs of Jil Sander shoes I've never done this...

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
In 6-7 pairs of Jil Sander shoes I've never done this...

And the few pairs I own all have done this. And the same thing for the majority of the 70-80 pairs that Jef owns.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I may have done that with my handmade shoes, I can't recall though.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
I thought no one could buy this anymore since Kodiak owns it.
Well, now that I bought it, it's cool again. Purchase at will.
fing02[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads