• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dexter

Berticus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i think the finale is gonna be miguel putting 2+2 together and figuring out dexter was the the bay harbor butcher all this time
I think it's gonna happen much sooner. Either in the next episode or the one after that.
Originally Posted by briancl
Maybe Miguel becomes obsessed and starts killing people who don't deserve it.. then Dexter has to put an end to the monster he created.
Since the beginning I've seen two possibilities of who may eventually end up on Dexter's table, either Miguel Prado or Joey Quinn. I seem to have a significantly stronger case for Miguel Prado for being the final victim of the season. There is also the possibility of breaking tradition and Dexter killing both, but that's not very likely. Anyway, I suspect Joey Quinn could be the one skinning everyone. It's really just a feeling, no concrete evidence. The way I see this one going down is Debra Morgan figures it all out, that's how she'll get her shield, so Quinn is driven underground. Dexter finds him and kills him. The big issue here is Quinn has no quarrels with Dexter. The plot seems to lead towards Miguel Prado ending up on the butcher table, not necessarily because he's obsessed. We can definitely agree it's because Miguel Prado turns into a monster. Miguel is too gung-ho; he likes cutting corners too much. He'll end up cutting the corners of Dexter's rules and kill someone who turned out to be innocent. Maybe he'll accuse Joey Quinn of being the skinner, and later Debra will reveal who the real killer is. The other possibility is he'll kill Ellen Wolf, sticking with the idea that you need to kill the anaconda at the head. Then again, the plot seems to be leading too much to this possibility, so I have doubts about this ending. There's also the question of who the skinner is and how s/he fits into the whole thing. Debra wants her shield so much, and there has been a lot of focus on that, it would be too much of a shame to let the skinner get killed by either Miguel Prado or Dexter. Then again s/he's too big of a killer to simply let go.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ good theories. One way or another Prado won't be making it alive into season 3. I think this lesson will really resonate with Dexter to not trust ANYBODY

I'll be curious to see if he actually gets married to Rita

and the Skinner is definitely not some mexican gardener. I thought of Quinn a few episodes back as well, with no concrete evidence, just drawing a conclusion that the identity of the Skinner has to be someone we know and are familiar with. It wouldnt make sense for it to be some guy that we've never been introduced to. And the fact that he seems to kill all of Deb's contacts makes it more likely it'd be someone like Quinn

Burzum

Reaction score
Last episode was good got to see Miguel and Dexter have a bonding moment over clear tape.
smile.gif

It looks like Ellen Wolf (the defence lawyer) has been taken care off by the new an empowered Miguel Prado. I wont be sorry to see her go! Although I did think they were going to lead Wolf and Laguerta into some weird girl on girl thing. Or maybe I was just hoping....

Miguel might end up residing on Dexter's slide, but I thought it more likely Miguel will try to strike out on his own and without Dexter's direct assistance he would fail terminally. Plus what will Dexter use Miguel's soiled shirt for I wonder.....

As for the Skinner no idea, maybe Quinn but wouldn't he have been spending alot of time watching the tree cutters to make it look like a tree cutter? If so thats some really good forward planning.

I'm assuming it will be revealed to the audience at least who the skinner is by EP 9,10?

Guess we don't have long to go - or they could end the season on a Cliff Hanger without giving any real answers. I'd not like that!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the skinner is the carver from nip/tuck!

somehow, i see rita not making it and dexter being in the same single parent role his father was in.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Burzum

Guess we don't have long to go - or they could end the season on a Cliff Hanger without giving any real answers. I'd not like that!

I hope not. I like how they ended seasons 1 and 2 neatly wrapped up.

Originally Posted by thekunk07
somehow, i see rita not making it and dexter being in the same single parent role his father was in.

You'd better be wrong. Julie Benz (Rita) is f'ing hot as hell.
inlove.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^agreed, but they've been on a good stretch together for way too long on a show like this. bad stuff has to be on the way. btw, dexter is poking deb IRL. i'd have chosen rita.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't imagine the show without Rita.
This skinner business is really starting to get to me. I just want to know already. I feel that if it's revealed to be someone close to Deb, it would echo too much of Season 1.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ i know i know...I've been thinking the same, that Rita and Dex have been having too smooth a ride for things not to get severly f'ed up

really? didnt know that...I think Debs kinda hot (mostly due to her foul sailor mouth) but Rita is pass the finish line hot

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 to Rita.

I think they really cleaned her up well this season. Smoking hot in the premier during that scene
smile.gif

Anyone else find it odd that Dexter is banging his sister in real life?
eh.gif

Berticus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Rita and Dex have been having too smooth a ride for things not to get severly f'ed up
Really? To me season 2 showed them going through some pretty bad termoil. I don't see an issues arising this season between them. Maybe when the baby is born, but not now. Although I suppose when things between Miguel and Dexter start to get bad, it could cause problems between Rita and Dexter.
Originally Posted by thekunk07
doubt it. Dexter wouldn't be Dexter anymore. He wouldn't have any time to work on his hobby since he'd have to take care of two kids in school and a baby.
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Anyone else find it odd that Dexter is banging his sister in real life?
Meh, I don't really care for the personal lives of celebrities. That's their time.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Berticus
Really? To me season 2 showed them going through some pretty bad termoil.

I was talking about this season...things seem to be going good. even when they had their rough patches it was quickly and easily worked out, in a way that normal sensible adults would do (like with the engagement ring, the house hunting, her pregnancy scare etc)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
OK, I'm calling it now: here's how the season ends. Dexter finds out that Miguel Prado killed Ellen (is that her name? the defense attorney) and decides that he's violated his 'code' and he has to kill him. Rita catches Dexter killing him, and they have a confrontation about who and what Dexter is, and Rita accepts and helps him, even going so far to cover Dexter to Miguel's wife.

After thinking about it I don't think the whole Bay Harbor Butcher thing is ever going to come up.

I don't think that the skinner is Deborah's partner, I think that one of the victims turns up dead while she and him are out doing something (stalking Miguel's brother?). I honestly have no idea who it is.

Remember, we also don't know why the original Prado brother who Dexter killed was in the house. That revelation will show who the skinner is.

Berticus

Reaction score
I believe Debra was the one who revealed the reason Osar Prado was in Freebo's house because he was an addict. Or do we believe that's not the real reason?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I don't think it's the real reason. I think it had something to do with Miguel

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the only scenarios I can come up with that would pit Dexter against Miguel would be Miguel finding out that it was Dexter who killed his brother.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads