• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate Denim

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
if you look at the back of the buttons on Route and Journal they are stamped "1972" which is supposedly when the denim was originally made.

I also like the blue line selvedge, it reminds me of the 1929 Levis 1929xx and actually is a similar weight as those (9 or 10oz iirc)

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA for those in the LA area:
I was at Buffalo Exchange on La Brea yesterday and there was a pair of new (well, looked new) Journals for $38. Price tag said size 34, jeans said size 36.
Would pick up, if I didn't have enough jeans already ~

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn i never see anything good on the jeans racks at buffalo. crates for under $40 should be an auto-buy!

Trenditional

Reaction score
Silly question (maybe). When the description of the jeans say 18" at the knee and 16" at the leg opening, that means laid flat and measured from side to side it would be 9" and 8"? I trying to use other jeans I have for comparison to see if I can fit into Crates or APCs.

Trenditional

Reaction score
Thanks GS

I'd been staying away from Crate and APC etc because I've thought my thighs and backside were too big. I've got jeans that measure smaller than what these jeans are described as. I guess I'll be giving them a try.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trenditional
Silly question (maybe). When the description of the jeans say 18" at the knee and 16" at the leg opening, that means laid flat and measured from side to side it would be 9" and 8"? I trying to use other jeans I have for comparison to see if I can fit into Crates or APCs.

Those are the measurements for size 32 I believe. For your size, 36 or so per the profile, everything will be scaled accordingly.

Trenditional

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Those are the measurements for size 32 I believe. For your size, 36 or so per the profile, everything will be scaled accordingly.

Ah ok. I was leaning more towards APCs, but might still give Crates a try. The APCs give the flat measurements (plus the thigh area which helps). I just wanted to clarify that I was understanding the measuring correctly. Based on the sizing chart for APCs on Context, I should be able to wear 31's (maybe 30).

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I think the routes might be my first $100+ denim purchase.

(if the tax return gods, or barry come through)

poppies

Reaction score
Got my routes today in sz 33. The construction isn't perfect and there's a tiny tiny rip on the inside of the hem of one leg, but revolve doesn't have any more 33s (or 32s even). Other than that, I like the longer inseam and looser fit (compared to my julian red calis). Plus I got em for only 96 shipped, so I'm pleased with the deal (first time using revolve) Oh, but I am very disappointed that my pair wasn't numbered! It just says __ ouf of 200
frown.gif

Trenditional

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I think the routes might be my first $100+ denim purchase.

(if the tax return gods, or barry come through)

This has probably been answered already somewhere and I apologize for asking it again, but reading another post made me think of (didn't see an answer after the original posting). In regards to new raw denim and bleeding on to shoes. What is the trick to keeping this from happening? Obviously if I wear some black boots it will be a mute point, but what about wearing some white vans or chucks?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics