1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crate Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by N4UY, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

when you hem them they'll hang straighter which will alleviate all that upper leg bunching

the route is one of their slimmer cuts (the sally is the slimmest). the hem width on my size 32 is 7.75" across which def puts it in "slim" territory. but because the denim is light it has a drapey feel to it, giving it an illusion of being more relaxed

2. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

What is the most relaxed of the Crate's fit, i.e. comparable to the APC Rescues?

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Probably the Hamilton, which is a raw selvedge jean too

the Journal might be close to the Rescue too, as it's a bit more relaxed but with a low rise

Route is a slimmer cut with a higher rise

4. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Is the Hamilton straight or tapered at the bottom? I want something similar to Nudie Average Joe if that helps.

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

6. cristeza

cristeza Senior member

i just got these routes in size 30 (true to size) what do you guys think of the fit? i still have to get them hemmed. [​IMG]
    Too baggy for your body type. I would size down one. Even going one size down, I think you will still have a semi relaxed fit. And definitely hem them.

7. SecretService

SecretService Senior member

i am usually a 29-30 and i got a 30 because that was the only size left. yes they are somewhat loose but do you think after hemming the bagging at different places will get better? i thought routes were more of a relaxed fit anyway correct me if im wrong.

I'm pretty sure we have a 29. I'd size down one. You'll be happier. Give me a call at the shop tomorrow.

chad

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

9. Johnnyscans

Johnnyscans Well-Known Member

Mine, which are sized true to my tagged waist size (ie: i usually wear size 33/34 boardshorts and stuff, so I bought size 34 routes) fit almost exactly like get smarts.

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

wrong thread...

11. gkl

gkl Well-Known Member

I looked through this thread and didn't see it mentioned - how does the waist sizing of crate route's compare to nudie slimjim's? I'm 33 in black coated slim jim (could size up half a size, the denim is stretchy so it's not bad). Also, I'm seeing some conflicting statements, but what's the inseam of route? 36"? 35"? 37"? Other?

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

If you're a 33 in Slim Jim I'd stick with that size for the Route, or go to 34 for a relaxed-slim fit

there might be production variance, but mine were 37" at the inseam

13. gkl

gkl Well-Known Member

Thanks, GetSmart. Revolve, with their sizing chart, seems to to confirm that both run true to size. But since 33 is a bit snug... eh decisions, decisions.

edit
    how much do crates stretch?

14. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

My local Co-op had Journals marked down to 59 or 69.

15. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

My local Co-op had Journals marked down to 59 or 69.

online as well on barneys

16. farfisa23

farfisa23 Senior member

Bought a pair of Journals and a pair of Squires last night at Barneys.

The Squires were nice with a lightweight denim with a really cool slub, I think they were in a one wash I liked the fit, nice slim leg, mid-rise. I could hardly button them, but think they will stretch out nice. In fact, I didn't want to take them off last night, looking forward to breaking them in. I think I am going to buy one more pair of the Squires in a 33 to go along with the 34s I bought.

The Journals, I think are going back, I tried them on at home and just don't like low rise jeans, and the raw denim didn't feel raw enough. Could have been me. Does anyone own a pair?

Can someone tell me the difference between the two models fit and fabric?

17. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I tried to order a pair of Crate Squire - Routes in a Sz 30 from Barney's since the deal was hard to resist and got a notification that they were sold out so my oder was canceled. I just checked the website and they are still showing those jeans available in my size. I don't get it...has this happened to anyone else?

18. onion

onion Senior member

I tried to order a pair of Crate Squire - Routes in a Sz 30 from Barney's since the deal was hard to resist and got a notification that they were sold out so my oder was canceled. I just checked the website and they are still showing those jeans available in my size. I don't get it...has this happened to anyone else?

Yes. Barney's usually updates their site quickly when it sells out, but sometimes items can hang around for a day or so even though they are sold out.

19. whodini

whodini Senior member

I have a pair of Journals and they're raw as hell and stiff as a board. Not sure what you mean by "not raw enough." They're made of a heavier weight than the Routes/Squires.

As for Barney's, did you guys realize that Secret Service (aka, Crate HQ) had a 50% sale recently?

20. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

what is the "squire-route" barneys has on their site? From what I've seen, the Squire and Route are two different cuts. I was loooking for the squire but unsure about them...