• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
Creed OV today, against my better judgment I wasted $200 on a bottle of this over the weekend.
Smells good but disappears within minutes, might see about trading for SMW or GIT but from the samples I have they don't seem to last much longer either..
confused.gif

You bought the Creed over the Villoresi?

BTW. Don't bother with either the SMW or the GIT. Neither has great longevity IMHO, which means you'll have to re-apply a few times each day. Of course this isn't as bad as it sounds, since - even if you have a legit bottle (which is a crapshoot) - it turns rather quickly.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did, I really don't know why I felt compelled to buy a bottle (a beautiful bottle at that).
Its really my own fault, but I do feel I could have better spent my money on something else (LV Vetiver).
The store I got it from only carries OV, GIT, and SMW so my options for swapping will be limited.

I may just keep it as a lesson learned to be more careful with my purchases.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did, I really don't know why I felt compelled to buy a bottle (a beautiful bottle at that).
Its really my own fault, but I do feel I could have better spent my money on something else (LV Vetiver).
The store I got it from only carries OV, GIT, and SMW so my options for swapping will be limited.

I may just keep it as a lesson learned to be more careful with my purchases.

Yeah,, it's a good lesson. We've ALL been there; the "buy bug" bites and sometimes it produces buyers remorse.

Also, be aware that sometimes it is tough to return a fragrance after it has been sprayed. Hopefully, they'll swap with you, but not always.

OV is also one that typically can be had cheaper than that. I don't want you to feel worse about your purchase, but I got a 2.5oz bottle/tester for $75 about a year ago.
frown.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(...) I may just keep it as a lesson learned to be more careful with my purchases.

Heh, I have had my share of those throughout the years. Even had a few serious u-turns after testing.

Asprey Purple Water comes to mind. Everyone LOVED Purple Water, had to get it while it was at Marshall's. Well I got a bottle of Purple Water, last bottle on the shelf - unsniffed mind you, and it was like orange broccoli rain. I hated that stuff terribly.
Then there was...Carven Homme. All the women said they loved Carven Homme. Well, the ones who were SELLING Carven Homme. Man that stuff was not my bag.

The good news is that someone somewhere probably wants OV. You just have to find them.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
. . .

BTW, I found a discount shop that has a bottle (at least one) of this lying around if anyone is interested.

Originally Posted by antirabbit
Dopey,
How much?

I'll stop in and ask and also see how many he has. Usually, he sells at 10-15% off list (I bought an ounce of L'Heure Bleue Parfum for $270). It is really good stuff and one of the only two perfumes I bought extra of to keep available, since I believe this production was a one time deal for GUerlain. Maybe I will call him and ask if he will ship. If he will, I'll post the details here. I would much rather not be in the middle of commercial transactions if possible and I have no interest in taking a cut. I would also love to help the guy as he is very nice and it is one of those little shops in an odd niche that you just want to see do well.

Today - Pen. Blenheim Bouquet.

Call this place:
Ruby Fragrances
Phone:\t212-222-1194
and see if they will ship. They don't have an internet presence so may not be set up for mail order, but it is worth a shot.

BTW, they carry a lot of odd stuff, especially unusual stuff from houses with deep lines like Chanel and Guerlain.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Jicky EdP for me today...

For those wondering, the EdT is lighter, "fresher," and friendlier. You get more lavender, a fresher top note, and less of the poopy civet (though it's still there). The EdP is more "no holds barred;" it's deeper and less fresh with more baby-diaperishness.

I like them both for different reasons, but if you hate one, you'll hate the other. Love one and you'll still love the other. I find that to be the case with most Guerlain... there is very little lukewarmness about them.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
bandit.

Wife went to Ruby (the place I mentioned above) and came home with a present for me. It is the EdP. I must have told the owner three or four times that I wanted the EdT or Parfum, not the EdP. Then my wife walks in and buys the EdP for me anyhow. I guess I am just supposed to have it.
I like this one right off the bat, so no real complaints.

It had an interesting certification on the outside packaging saying this was the original formulation:
"Certification
This is the original formula for Bandit
created by this company with Robert Piguet
for the introduction of the perfume in 1944
Errol G.W.Stafford
President
Givaudan perfume corporation"

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
bandit.

Wife went to Ruby (the place I mentioned above) and came home with a present for me. It is the EdP. I must have told the owner three or four times that I wanted the EdT or Parfum, not the EdP. Then my wife walks in and buys the EdP for me anyhow. I guess I am just supposed to have it.
I like this one right off the bat, so no real complaints.

It had an interesting certification on the outside packaging saying this was the original formulation:
"Certification
This is the original formula for Bandit
created by this company with Robert Piguet
for the introduction of the perfume in 1944
Errol G.W.Stafford
President
Givaudan perfume corporation"

I'd heard that this is offered only in the Parfum or EdP, not the EdT any longer. I have a (rather suspect) bottle of the EdT but seldom wear it. Maybe this season.

Today - a new scent for me. A*Men Pure Coffee. I was concerned I would hate this but so far it is behaving itself despite a vanilla-praline opening.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see A*men Pure Coffee on the counter anywhere, I'm curious about it.. as well as B*Men.

I'm wearing Polo Double Black today

The EdP is more "no holds barred;" it's deeper and less fresh with more baby-diaperishness.

lol wow, that sounds interesting!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
...Today...Guerlain Heritage, and I've found a point of interest with this one. It's a spicy-woody in the same vein as Bel Ami, but there's this weirdness behind it all. It's either a watery-anisic pong or oudh/agarwood. Not quite sure which to call it.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Heritage is very nice... though I never warmed up to it as much some other Guerlains. Same with habit Rouge, though for a different reason (awfullest person I ever met in college wore this one exclusively and so anytime I get a whiff, I think of him).

Prada EdP for me today... I love this stuff, especially in winter. Rather heavy, quite sweet, but with a very deep ambery/patchouli base.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Habit Rouge eau Legere. I've had a decant of this forever but I keep it in Texas where I travel for business regularly and it's become one of a few scents I only wear here. I like this a bit more than the regular Habit Rouge edc, but it does have a slight synthetic note on top that bothers me.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Habit Rouge eau Legere. I've had a decant of this forever but I keep it in Texas where I travel for business regularly and it's become one of a few scents I only wear here. I like this a bit more than the regular Habit Rouge edc, but it does have a slight synthetic note on top that bothers me.

As you may have noticed, I am a big fan of this.

Today, TDC Sel de Vetiver.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As you may have noticed, I am a big fan of this.

Today, TDC Sel de Vetiver.

Just wait until you get Mouchoir. I think you're going to be in LOVE. (haha)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads