• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dexter

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished up Season 2 on Netflix. The season was great up until the finale, which was a huge let down. I can't believe one of his reasons for killing Lila was because she killed Doakes. The whole thing with Doakes nearly brought a tear to my eye.

Aside from a predictable plot in the finale yet again, I just thought the acting was really off on Dexter's part in particular, like he was trying extra hard to seem devious.

That being said, I'm looking forward to watching Season 3.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I can't believe one of his reasons for killing Lila was because she killed Doakes. The whole thing with Doakes nearly brought a tear to my eye.

The reason for killing Lila was that she was the only one that knew who he really was. Doakes being murdered by her was merely a justification for it.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
The reason for killing Lila was that she was the only one that knew who he really was. Doakes being murdered by her was merely a justification for it.
well he wouldn't have killed lila if she didn't kill doakes because it would go against his code. IMO, the reason was doakes' murder and the incentive/bonus was lila's knowing who he was.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
nah ... I think he came to the realisation that he had been rather soft with his wanting to turn himself in so doing in Lila was a bit of an excersice in getting in touch with the more assured Dexter... either way it was a good move and I thoroughly enjoyed it ... she was one of the characters that gave me the ***** the most

... I was dissapointed at loosing Doakes though ... no one pouts like Doakes!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Anyone catch the second episode of season 3 yet? I really liked it and where the season is goign so far.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Episode 3 was great.

brianja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
great season so far

will Jimmy Smits eventually get snuffed so that Dexter's secret remains his alone?

hmmm... that's a good point. That would def. be out of the code, but an interesting direction to take the show in. IDK if they would have him kill someone like that because I think it would take away from the character's likability and might cost them some viewers.

I thought it was interesting that in Ep. 2 he finally got the "thanks" for his work that he has wondered about / wanted throughout the first two seasons.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brianja
hmmm... that's a good point. That would def. be out of the code, but an interesting direction to take the show in.

Killing that released child molester was out of code in S3E3. There was no body. No confirmed murder or abuse. These days, Dexter is reacting to his environment more than just following The Code.

brianja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
Killing that released child molester was out of code in S3E3. There was no body. No confirmed murder or abuse. These days, Dexter is reacting to his environment more than just following The Code.

Good point. He is striking out on his own more and more.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
imo Jimmy Smitts will turn out to have something shady/violent in his past that will justify his killing. Remember in Ep 2 when he was talking about how his dead brother was the good one?

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that this season of Dexter is absolutely epic? While Deb is as annoying as ever, I love the notes that the show is hitting this season. The fact that Dexter is increasingly ignoring his code -- save for the fact that the lawyer didn't buy it -- is really pushing the show in a direction I love.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
Am I the only one thinking that this season of Dexter is absolutely epic? While Deb is as annoying as ever, I love the notes that the show is hitting this season. The fact that Dexter is increasingly ignoring his code -- save for the fact that the lawyer didn't buy it -- is really pushing the show in a direction I love.
For me, this season has been a letdown after the first two. Maybe that's partly because I enjoyed the sustained intensity of watching seasons one and two in only a few sittings, but I'm just not very gripped by the plot or characters this season. In the first two seasons, Dexter was often hounded, struggling to stay one step ahead of the police, and so his occasional mistakes and rash decisions were understandable. My sympathies were with him. But in this season, his hand is firmly on the tiller . . . yet he keeps doing things that seem not only foolish but out of character.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How many episodes in to Season 3? I'm waiting for it to finish so I can download them all and watch them in a couple of sittings.

I tried watching Mad Men week by week and I ended up becoming very un-interested in it

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
**** Just Got Real

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads