• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know what sucks? Shipping charges. That's what sucks.

Kei

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
Its even worse for us living in Canada, more expensive shipping + duty + whatever else they throw at you
They (and great amount of other USA shops) just don't offer delivery to my country.
confused.gif

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't complain until you've lived outside of the US. Online shopping is nearly impossible, and since I don't live in Toronto right now there is basically no where to buy anything. I wanted to buy a tie online, it was like $37 or something. With shipping, $65. Luckily I have family in the US, because it is only $28 shipped to the US.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
And as I explained, it's because I want overnight. I get antsy about longer shipping times. When I order something, I, you know, WANT it.

I don't see how you could want something so much that you have to overnight it, but end up not getting it because of shipping.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
What a terrible topic. Thanks, robert.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Dear lord. I should've looked at the thread creator before opening this.

Suck it up and wait 3-4 days. Suck it up and pay extra charges

I've been waiting since may for some items from overseas because of miscommunication with the guy i'm buying them from. It'll be all worth it when the margiela/hl/brato stuff comes in. So pretty.

Is that really a jcrew afficianado blog? Really? her?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
There's something about the tone of all his posts that annoys me.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're really impatient, firesale as a package all the loot you've got for sale for $20 total (+ 4% Paypal and shipping of course) and put the overnight order in ASAP. Quick, before 3-4 days go by.

(BTW:
90 minute drive. Let's assume it's 90 miles? Let's make that 180 miles round trip.

Assume your car gets 20 mpg. That's 9 gallons.

Cost of gas = $2.20/gallon on average?

Total cost = 9 x $2.20 = $19.80 for the drive there.)

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
If you're really impatient, firesale as a package all the loot you've got for sale for $20 total (+ 4% Paypal and shipping of course) and put the overnight order in ASAP. Quick, before 3-4 days go by.

(BTW:
90 minute drive. Let's assume it's 90 miles? Let's make that 180 miles round trip.

Assume your car gets 20 mpg. That's 9 gallons.

Cost of gas = $2.20/gallon on average?

Total cost = 9 x $2.20 = $19.80 for the drive there.)

technically, you have to include car wear and tear
and
time /energy spent driving there.

all in all not worth it if all you are going there is to get that sweater to avoid paying a ship charge.

Talous

Reaction score
In other words it costs money to ship ****. Suck it up.

:/

Edit: Or wait for a discount on it.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't you think postal workers get paid way to much sometimes, blame the unions?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Move to Australia. In the past ebay sellers have tried to charge me $40 to post a shirt / sweater.

mpcec

Reaction score
Make sure to size down. I'm a true medium and wear a small in this. I was swimming in the medium, I think this piece runs like a size and a half large.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads