• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL Black Label Photos

Siggy

Reaction score
2 grand or even 1 grand is quite high IMO. Black label were selling for EUR 700 here at polo sales in the summer.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple pics of my Black Label. I'm sorry for the quality, they weren't taken to show off the clothing. These are casual pictures I have cropped. The suit is a dark gray with a lighter gray shadow stripe. This one with a white pocket square and a slim(ish) LV tie and Black Label shirt.
n25719445_33248716_8588.jpg
This one with a dark purple Tom Ford tie and Tom Ford pocket square (didn't make the cut) with a regular white shirt (bigger collar, less spread) due to the larger TF tie.
n25719445_33383105_3188.jpg

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, is there only one fit and cut on Black Label (ie the anthony)? So the jackets should all fit the same if they are the same size, oui?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
By the way, is there only one fit and cut on Black Label (ie the anthony)? So the jackets should all fit the same if they are the same size, oui?

non

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oui, as far back as I've seen.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaxixi
Here's why I am asking. I have 3 of the suits and generally they all fit the same. One, this heavier navy one that a lot of you have seen, is a bit shorter in length but the chest and shoulders seem to be the same. I saw a blazer today at a low price and the measurements looked goofy but the tag was right so I pounced so I wouldn't lose it. It has a 5 day return so I guess I'll find out but I'm really hoping the fit is the same.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's why I am asking.

I have 3 of the suits and generally they all fit the same. One, this heavier navy one that a lot of you have seen, is a bit shorter in length but the chest and shoulders seem to be the same. I saw a blazer today at a low price and the measurements looked goofy but the tag was right so I pounced so I wouldn't lose it.

It has a 5 day return so I guess I'll find out but I'm really hoping the fit is the same.

FWIW I think the initial line that came out in Fall 06 and Spring 07 had a fuller cut. Once RL decided they were going to roll out BL to the whole country for Fall 07 the cut changed slightly. I was at Saks in NY in Aug. 07 during the transition period and remember the fit of the older stuff being less aggressive.

I often notice that many of the Black Label items on Ebay are from Fall 06 and have fuller chest measurements than the newer items.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
2 grand or even 1 grand is quite high IMO. Black label were selling for EUR 700 here at polo sales in the summer.

In the summer, 700 euros was $1,000...

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
FWIW I think the initial line that came out in Fall 06 and Spring 07 had a fuller cut. Once RL decided they were going to roll out BL to the whole country for Fall 07 the cut changed slightly. I was at Saks in NY in Aug. 07 during the transition period and remember the fit of the older stuff being less aggressive.

I often notice that many of the Black Label items on Ebay are from Fall 06 and have fuller chest measurements than the newer items.

I often notice that many of the Black Label items on Ebay are from Fall 06 and have fuller chest measurements than the newer items.[/quote]

Aug '07 -- Does the more agressive fit coincide with David Lauren (I think) taking over the line? It seems around then that some leather jackets with a very tight fit and accouterments also appeared.

I think you're on the right track here. I have one of the earlier suits and the cut is a bit more generous than some of the newer models, hence the confusion about sometimes wearing one size larger in BL than other lines.

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I've been meaning to post this coat forever -- promised it back on page 1 of the thread -- and happen to be wearing it today, so here it is.

blsweater.jpg

Great outfit, Doc!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaxixi

First year (F/W 2005 I think, not 2006 as mentioned upthread, though my memory might be faulty) was indeed a bit different - some items even slimmer, some looser. Everything since has been the same silhouette I think.

w.mj

Reaction score
I'm going to go down to the RL store tomorrow to check out BL suits in charcoal. If I got one, I was thinking of wearing it for interviews this winter. I realize the line is a bit modern. Do members think it's appropriate for something like that? Thanks for any advice.

Background: I'm a junior in college and would be interviewing for banking internships.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads