• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask Me About Magic

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
China, right?
2009 in Beijing is still on. It was 2008 in Bulgaria that ended up being canceled - it was a bit of a scandal for the board.
Do you perform in DC?
My only current weekly gig is for Clyde's of Columbia (in the MD suburbs) though I perform throughout the area. I was at the Red Rock Canyon Grill in Silver Spring for some time. I'm also talking to the Comedy Mystery Society in Gaithersburg/ Kentlands about performing there.
Do you use magic tricks to attract women like Mystery?
devil.gif

This is a rather sensitive subject I could write a huge amount on. Do I find Mystery and his ilk incredibly tasteless? yes. Does this mean what he does doesn't work depressingly well? no. Have I had surprising personal success in this area? yes.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Did Magic's unwillingness to stay retired ultimately diminish his legacy?

Not surprisingly as a magician I know almost nothing about baseball.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
This is a rather sensitive subject I could write a huge amount on.

Do I find Mystery and his ilk incredibly tasteless? yes.
Have I had surprising personal success in this area? yes.

You must have used it. Your gf seemed prettay hot.
Not surprisingly as a magician I know almost nothing about baseball.

ROFL!! Basketball.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you ever do your assistants back stage?

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What one trick (if I were to learn just one) works best with the ladies?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Did you ever do your assistants back stage?

I prefer the trapdoor. Just don't ask about the vanishing wand.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
What one trick (if I were to learn just one) works best with the ladies?
Something cute that involves plenty of tactile contact. Many self styled magic pick up artists would use these. (and I would agree)

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmentmerchant
You perform at Clydes in columbia I go there from time to time. used to work right over in jessup

Cool, yeah. I'm right in that area. I'm there every Friday night as long as I don't have a conflicting performance. Just let me know in advance when you're coming by so I can say hi.

humza

Reaction score
Since Magician is in Washington D.C, do you do any shows or anything like that? I wouldn't mind seeing a magic show...haven't been to one in a very, very long time.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmentmerchant
Will do. Where did you learn the skill? or is it just one of those things you did in your spare time. I knew a kid in elementary school who was really good, He amazed us all when he made his sister disappear in a class talent show.
I've been doing it ever since I was young - 5th grade I think. I was kind of one those melodramatic youths as a young kid so that probably contributed. I'm largely self taught from books and videotapes, but I've had some help from more established magicians in the area. It's something I love and I'm quite proud of my progress in. If you add it all up and take an average I've probably put in at least an hour of practice a day for the last several years. (There was of course the requisite lull when I discovered girls, rock 'n roll etc.) You're in Annapolis right? I performed for the Annapolis New Years/ First Night thing last year and am hoping to do it again this year - it was a great gig.
Originally Posted by humza
Since Magician is in Washington D.C, do you do any shows or anything like that? I wouldn't mind seeing a magic show...haven't been to one in a very, very long time.
See my earlier post about this at the top of this page. I don't do too many public gigs now but have some odds and ends in the works, I'll definitely keep everyone posted. Of course I will be performing at the grand opening of Farinelli's.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cut my teeth as a close-up sleight-of hand performer (Which is what I do at the restaurant every weekend) but now I am focusing more on my stage act (which i'm beginning to get more bookings for) which has a big emphasis on mindreading and hypnotic technique.

Still cards are my first love and some of my strongest material is with 52 pasteboards.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. Like most magicians, Harry Potter goes right through high school a virgin while harboring a borderline unhealthy attraction for petite Asian girls.

And then posts photos about those petite Asian girls incessantly in SF. Wait, no that is . . . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics